300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for current or former Knoxville PD Officers

I'm an Officer in WI and am seriously considering applying for Knoxville PD. I'm looking for current or former Officers from there to give me some pro's and con's of the dept and your overall impression of the dept and the community. Any info would help.

Thanks,

Paul

Which Knoxville Paul? Knoxville, TN or Iowa or another one I can't think of?

I worked for Knoxville, TN PD. Great place to work, left for what seemed like a better opportunity and it didn't pan out to be what I thought so now I'm re-applying with KPD. My biggest complaint as far as re-applying or applying for the first time is it seems like their process took about 6-12 months and they don't do transitional academies which means anyone that is hired gets to go through the 6 months of joy that is their academy, but other than that it is a GREAT place to work.

Comment

Thanks, Knoxville Tn is where I'm wanting to go. They said that Officers with prior experience can advance through the ranks fairly quickly. Does seem accurate to you? Also how long on average would you say it would take to move into investigations or drug unit, etc? Also do they work 8 hour shifts? If you have any idea on good places to live that would be awesome too. I'm going down there in July to start the search. I will be applying as soon as they start taking applications. Hopefully I see you around

Paul

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4749 users online. 259 members and 4490 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X