Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not completely new to the site but its been a while.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not completely new to the site but its been a while.

Good Morning,

I just wanted to re-introduce myself. I have been on the boards for a while, I have always had a passion for law enforcement. I worked in loss prevention through college, then went on to work as a Security Manager for a bank after i graduated. I did tons of robbery investigations and always knew in the back of my mind field work is where i wanted to be. After getting laid off, I wanted to get into law enforcement, but the market was just too challenging down here in Central Florida. I worked a few part time jobs before landing a job as a County Probation Officer. I have been working at this for a while, but I really , want to get out, and be a real officer. I enjoy investigations, I would love to end up with a federal agency, but I am just taking baby steps. With the approval of my fiance, I have decided to self sponsor myself through the next night academy in january to move foward with my dreams. I know that I have a lot to offer, and I am already physically fit, 6'0 -210 , 315 bench and squats, push ups and sit ups for days.. Lol, I am just working now on my run time, i want to be able to comfortably run 3 miles with no sweat by jan when i walk through the door. I know the market is super competitive right now, and I would love to get on with orange county, or brevard county by the end of next year after i am certified. I am open to any other ideas, that will help me to make sure my name is at the top of any recruiting list. I have a 4 year CJ degree from a good university, as well as private sector investigations skills, and now a Job working with offenders. In my current job, I work hand in hand with Circuit Court Judges as well as plenty of LEO officers at the Courthouse, would it be beneificial to network with any of them, and let my intentions be known?

Thanks Alot!!!
    Last edited by Ucfmanic; 05-27-2011, 09:06 AM.

Welcome aboard. It is good to network just to know people, but the chance of them having any input into you getting hired is about zero. If you establish a good relationship you may be able to put them down as a reference.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
      Welcome aboard. It is good to network just to know people, but the chance of them having any input into you getting hired is about zero. If you establish a good relationship you may be able to put them down as a reference.
      Definately,

I have never been one to name drop, and would much rather get noticed for my work ethic and ability to follow through. I like the idea of networking though and having the ability to call upon someone for a decent reference.

Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6428 users online. 363 members and 6065 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X