Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey from Virginia/ Arizona Need your Advice!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey from Virginia/ Arizona Need your Advice!

Please Delete
    Last edited by sbgaballa; 12-30-2012, 03:24 PM.
    "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
    -John F. Kennedy

Apply to the VSP. Graduate do your two years and leave for the Fed. Many others do the same thing.

Comment

Welcome aboard from AZ and Semper Fi.

Don't overlook the idea of extending your contract. Not reenlisting, but extending. The job market is swamped with a ton of hard chargers like yourself and you may not find a gig quickly once you EAS. Many places that are near military installations (VA, NC, CA, etc.) may allow you to test while on Active Duty, then put your file on hold until you get closer to your EAS date.
      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Not to mention that you will find that it will be a long process of getting in to any agency (Fed, State or local). The testing, hiring process can take months to well over a year before you would start at an academy or agency. Best of luck to you and thank you for serving our country.

Comment

I actually just EAS'd a few months ago from Quantico and I am still living in Fredericksburg and am in the process for Stafford County. If you are looking at local or state before jumping fed, Prince William loves Marines but the process takes a little bit, VSP obviously is a fairly long process but the county sheriff's offices south of base only open up hiring if there are spots open and that process moves fairly quick. Any questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your response. LE is my calling. It always has been since I was a kid, as well it was my main reason to join the Marines. But I still go back and forth everyday if I want to wait and see if the FBI will take me next year, or do a couple years of local or state here in Virginia or back home in Arizona.
            -John F. Kennedy

Comment

Save your pennies and go wherever they're hiring.
              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Looks like I might be going to Prince George County PD, or LAPD, or Orlando PD. lol I know three different corners of the states, but When i get out this year, ill be moving anyways, so might as well somewhere new!
                Last edited by sbgaballa; 06-24-2011, 04:32 PM.
                -John F. Kennedy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3541 users online. 202 members and 3339 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X