300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forum [Security Officer]

Um. I cant believe I wrote this....Deleting to save myself the embarrassment.
    Last edited by itstjs; 11-23-2013, 04:06 AM. Reason: I was ignorant.....

Welcome.............

Comment

No offense man, but your not going to like this place too much... Call it a hunch

Comment

I'm thinkin' the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by itstjs View Post
          Hey, new to forum, not a Police Officer, but damn close. I do private security for many Apartment complex's within the Flint, Genesee County area, pretty much where ever they schedule me. I figured if I had any questions, or run into any issues, I could gain a vast amount of knowledge from LEOs on this website.
          A Bit about myself, Im 23 years old, been working Security for almost 3 years, and on the side, I am an Infantrymen with the MIARNG. Im heading off to my first deployment to Afghanistan at the end of this year. I plan on Attending Police Academy shortly after I return, and hopefully can find a job somewhere in this dying state. However until then, Ill have to make due with Security work.

Heres what we do. Basically everything that you as LEOs have do to on a daily basis, minus traffic stops. We cannot chase off Property, as Im sure the majority of you all know. Anything on property however, we enforce all rules implemented by the Management of the complex, and all laws, state and local. I usually work alone, which you can imagine I do not like. I carry a 40 S&W in a Level II black hawk holster. Making the upgrade to Safari land Level III sometime here soon. In order from right to left, Keeper, Mace, Keeper with key ring, Weapon, Cuffs [open top Bianci] Rubber gloves/cpr kit, Cuffs [open top] ASP, Flashlight, and 2 spare mags.
          In Michigan, as a citizen, it is illegal for us to carry an X-26 however, I hear its in the books to allow private citizens to carry them with a CPL much like a weapon. It would make my job alot easier, I like the idea of having 1 other option aside from Mace which doesnt effect everyone, and using a Baton to beat people down with, which Im sure you all know, can easily be used against you. Last thing I would want to do is shoot someone...

Anyhow. Havent made a whole lot of arrests, then again, just the visual deterrent of Security works well on its own. I have a great relationship with Local PD, they help me out as much as I help them out. Ive assisted several Officers detain subjects, and they trust me as well as I trust each and every one of them. However I do have many questions that the Officers dont always have time to just sit and chat, which would be nice, but of course their areas of Patrol are MUCH larger than a 14 Bldg complex such as my little slice of the county goes.

I have always been confused as far as the law for Private Property goes. I know Im well within my right to search any and all vehicles on the complex property, so long as Im not disrupting any of the Human rights, such as searching them solely based on Race, Religion, yadda yadda yadda. And I know I need no probable cause, one good thing of being Security vs LEO. Ive done it a few times, but other times, especially with the Marijuana laws changing and what ever, I tend to find small Misdemeanor amounts that LEOs no longer care about within the area. Half the time, they cut the subject a citation, he/she gets their medical marijuana license and have it back dated for 2 months.
          Ive purchased my own testing kits, itll test positive or negative for Methamphetamine's, Marijuana and things of that sort.

Anyhow to sum this all up. I respect everyone here, and look forward to interesting conversations, although I have limited stories of my own, I look forward to interacting with you all and learning as much as I possibly can as I wish I were in your boots/shoes every day.

Let me know what you think, and Ill be happy to answer any questions.
          Wow... Welcome aboard, it should be a fun ride!

Comment

Hey, new to forum, not a Police Officer, but damn close. I do private security
            That line alone right there already set many people on this forum against you.

Comment

Hmm.

http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

Could it be?

Comment

Anyhow. Havent made a whole lot of arrests,
                Why is that young Padwan?
                Last edited by Redders; 04-17-2011, 09:00 PM.
                Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
                I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
                Originally posted by weinerdog2000
                as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

I wonder if it has anything to do with him not being a police officer?

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                    I wonder if it has anything to do with him not being a police officer?
                    But he has handcuffs

Comment

I can imagine what will happen if this guy gets his hands on a X26.

taser_me_elmo.jpg
                      Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                        I can imagine what will happen if this guy gets his hands on a X26.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7060[/ATTACH]
                        Ah what the heck, he already has mace.

"Don't tase me bro!!!"

Comment

So....how exactly does an armed security guard "make arrests" besides citizen arrests for felonies committed in their presence? Are you a P.A. 330 certified security police officer? If so - you know you have to follow all the same rules of reasonable suspicion/probable cause as a regular police officer as far as searches go and you can't just search anyone or anything you want, right? Were you issued all of that equipment or did you just buy it yourself to look more like a cop? Things like that can keep you from getting a job as a police officer later on... And what EXACTLY do you do with that marijuana/narcotics after you test it with your test kit? There are these rules of evidence where a police officer has to account for the evidence from collection to transport to storage...not sure a security guard testing it and TOT a cop is gonna fly too well with a prosecutor...

Just wondering...not hatin'...
                          Originally posted by RSGSRT
                          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Trolling away in Michigan......

Hey, new to forum, not a Police Officer, but damn close.
                            NOT EVEN.....

I have always been confused as far as the law for Private Property goes. I know Im well within my right to search any and all vehicles on the complex property,.................... I know I need no probable cause,
                            PC does not apply to you in your job capacity...

You try to search me, with or without PC, and I will own you.........

The only thing you can do is ask me to leave the property.. PERIOD!
                            "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Well welcome...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3572 users online. 189 members and 3383 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X