300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the afterlife

The after - being a cop - life, that is. Just happened to trip over your site the other day...lots of good resources and refreshingly professional compared to some other forums I've visited, thus, the first one I've actually joined. I'm a former state police officer and investigator turned college professor teaching criminal justice at a state instution in NY (even though my law enforcement career was in the South). For those of you concerned about leaving LE, all I can tell you is that it's pretty weird. I've been out for over five years now and still think about it constantly, though my current occupation does tend to involve a significant amount of storytelling and rehashing of on the job experiences. At the same time, it's nice not to worry about my pager (an extinct form of communication, for you younger guys/gals) going off at 3 am to go look at dead people. Anyway, enough rambling... one of the main reasons I joined is to keep apprised of the career opportunities available to my students interested in the field, definitely a tough market lately, but likely to improve over the next five years or so.

Looking forward to our future interactions. One last point of clarification perhaps... for anyone who might be more familiar than I: I was briefly reading the forum rules and it stated that some of the forum content is off limits to non-LEO's... how is this generally interpreted? retired? currently sworn? working in the field? Thanks for any insight.

Lots of retired officers post in the cop only section. I dodnt see why anyone would have any issue with that. I think they mean to restrict anyone who has never been an officer.
    Originally posted by FJDave
    GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
    "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Welcome to the forum CJ Prof
      Get Local Coupons
      Fried Wires Internet Marketing Blog - My personal blog for reviewing internet marketing products.

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
        Lots of retired officers post in the cop only section. I dodnt see why anyone would have any issue with that. I think they mean to restrict anyone who has never been an officer.
        Yep, they ain't banned me yet.

Welcome CJ.

I love war stories too.

Life after being a cop is rough because you tend to walk to the left if you were right handed. Ballast ya know.
        Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
          Yep, they ain't banned me yet.

)
          We keep trying..............................

Welcome aboard CJ PROF..............from another retiree.......
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I thought he was here to tell you guys how to do your jobs lol

Comment

Welcome CJProf. I've been retired 7 years now, Adam 12 is right LOL lots of retired guys like Iowa and me here. ALL Forums are open to you
              "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Welcome to the forum CJ Prof
                MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Welcome to the board, teach.
                  sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

welcome to the site!

Comment

Greetings and salutations!

Comment

Welcome enjoy
                        "Jesus and I are a two man car"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5124 users online. 289 members and 4835 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X