Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Kansas

Hello Everyone,
    I thought I'd introduce myself and just give a bit of info.

I'm Chris, 22, I live in South East Kansas, aka "BFE". I'm currently in my last two years of undergrad studies. I'm a Justice Studies major, specializing in Criminal Justice, with a minor in fraud investigations. I'm entering Law Enforcement hopefully in the next 6 months as a Reserve Deputy in my local Sheriff's Dept. to get some hands-on experience and a good starting point that will help after I graduate. Eventually I'm planning on leaving Kansas and working for either LAPD or Las Vegas Metro.

I hope to learn a lot from those members in LE and get some ideas on how to prepare myself.

Does your local department offer academies for it's reserves, or do you have to put yourself through a separate academy?

Comment

They do a departmental training course over a period of 16-18 weeks, but it's all local. The academic classes are in the evenings, and Saturdays will be used for defense tactics, firearms training, driving, and one will be dedicated solely to OC and Taser training.

Comment

Ahh- I was just asking out of curiosity about it because of you being in school. Are you planning to take a leave from school to complete their academy, and then pick back up again afterwards?

Comment

Hey fellow Kansan. Good luck in pursuing your career choice.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

I thought Dexter Morgan was a blood spatter analyst for Miami Metro PD...

NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Hello Chris. Welcome to the o.com forum.
              Get Local Coupons
              Fried Wires Internet Marketing Blog - My personal blog for reviewing internet marketing products.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3576 users online. 209 members and 3367 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X