Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Longisland/ Buffalo Ny

Hello All,

I am finally able to post on the site! I am from Longisland and attended college in buffalo. I obtained my bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice may 2010. I have taken the Rochester Police exam and the Erie county police exam. I am scheduled to take the Buffalo PD exam and the Suffolk County PD exam. I am 22yrs old and decided to reside in Buffalo for a bit longer because of the many police departments in the area. I know Buffalo and Rochester prefer people who reside in the area. I miss my family a bunch but nothing worth having comes easy. So I guess its a sacrifice. I have always wanted to be a police officer and I am very determined. I have started the Rochester process already. Passed the written test and physical agility. Rochester is moving SLOW. I look forward to the other tests! Thank you for reading. Let me know if you have any questions

Hi Lee-
    Ive just been cleared to post as well and am in the same area as you. I tried with Rochester last year and am also waiting the results of Erie County's exam - should be any day now. I graduated in 2008, which was too bad for me because the departments Ive applied to have been basically in a hiring freeze. According to a few sources, they should be hiring in the county and towns to catch up though. The exception is NYSP, which was 3 years ago and at the rate theyre going now Ill be hired by 2020. In the past year, I have also looked south (DC, VA, MD, FL to start) and at federal since Im looking to get out of this area anyway. If you like Buffalo, try CBP officer and list Buffalo as your duty station preference. Thats a long process too but my friend got hired here and likes it. Ill probably start a new thread in the NY section when we get scores.

Comment

Welcome aboard fellow Long Islander.

Good luck with your process!

Comment

Thank you M1garand!

NMC: WHich test last year did you take for Rochester? I took the May 2010. Rochester is actually still hiring from that list. They had a bit of a hold up because they didint get the minorities they wanted and also lost a lawsuit to some under paid police officers. So basically they were very busy lol.They are combining May test November and POSSIBLY the one coming up in April.
        I cant believe how long Erie county is taking. We should be getting those results any day now like you said . I also looked into the southern states PD's but I also reviewed their penal law book and the gun laws are way to loose for my liking. Soooo I decided against that avenue. One thing I have learned though is when you are going through the police hiring process .....PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE. Your best bet is to try and forget about it because waiting for the calls are MONTHS apart.... Unless you get lucky with a department that needs to start asap! Keep me posted on your progress and the best of luck to you!

Comment

Welcome to the forum and good luck. If in Roachester avoid the garbage plate. What part of LI are you from?

PS

Don't tip over cars like your fellow LI did in Albany NY lol
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
            Welcome to the forum and good luck. If in Roachester avoid the garbage plate. What part of LI are you from?

PS

Don't tip over cars like your fellow LI did in Albany NY lol

Haha, I will do my best if given the chance! And I am from Suffolk County Longisland.

Comment

Fellow New Yorker. I too took the Erie County test and am yet to receive any results. I recently graduated a police academy and I was told by a chief from Buffalo PD that if you dont live in the County you wont get hired. And as for Rochester, its very difficult to get into. I know a fellow Recruit who is in their academy now. It took 3 tries to actually get in. With a NYS certification I've been told you can get a job pretty much anywhere down South.

Comment

Welcome to the site fellow Long Islander!!

Comment

Hi Guyz!! Im new to the site.. help me out

Comment

Denny

Originally posted by danny06m View Post
                    Fellow New Yorker. I too took the Erie County test and am yet to receive any results. I recently graduated a police academy and I was told by a chief from Buffalo PD that if you dont live in the County you wont get hired. And as for Rochester, its very difficult to get into. I know a fellow Recruit who is in their academy now. It took 3 tries to actually get in. With a NYS certification I've been told you can get a job pretty much anywhere down South.

Yea, I am going through the rochester process now. Just took my Psy test have medical and psy intervew this weekend. I do reside in buffalo now. I stayed in the area to avoid that residency issue. If all goes well with rochester I have to move there by the start of the academy. I thought about the southern Pd's. But I dont like their gun laws. Erie county is taking a while to get things rolling. Any day now lol.

Have you taken any other police tests? If so where? And if not are you scheduled to take any?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikesuper26 View Post
                      Welcome to the site fellow Long Islander!!
                      Thank You Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob767 View Post
                        Hi Guyz!! Im new to the site.. help me out
                        Hey Rob!

Are you an officer or are u going through the process?

Comment

You should try seeing if they have an Auxiliary program or anything similar where you live.

Comment

Welcome and congrats from a former Manhassett native, now Hillbilly.
                            Go get 'em!
                            SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                            SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Swat

Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
                              Welcome and congrats from a former Manhassett native, now Hillbilly.
                              Go get 'em!
                              Thank you former Strongislander

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6350 users online. 363 members and 5987 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X