Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from TN

Hey all,

I'm Drew, currently living in memphis, TN. I will be graduating from college in may with a degree in accounting and hoping to start the police academy at memphis in June. Law enforcement is something i've always wanted to do since i was a little kid so I am very ready to jump into things.

My goal is to eventually get in with either the FBI or TBI as an agent, as i hear they think highly with people with accounting back grounds. This is one reason why i recieved this degree in college so i can hopefully reach my goals after a getting a few years experience (I'm only 21, 3 years below the FBI age limit on hiring).

Just had one quick question, I've never done any drugs or anything of that nature. I did however get an underage consumption ticket when i was younger. The charge was dismissed and expunged from public record. I recently did the PAT and written tests at the memphis police department and i was wondering if getting that would hinder the process, as well as in the future when I apply at the Federal level.

I've had the same steady job for the four years ive been in college so the only thing that would be a blemish on my back ground would be this charge, aside from a speeding ticket which was also disclosed in my application.

The back ground guy at Memphis told me that is prolly would not matter since the charge was dismissed and expunged, however, I wanted to see what you guys on here thought.

Thanks alot!
    Drew

Hey welcome, we will be glad to have you aboard. Well done on finishing school which I feel is a priority considering it opens doors into other realms of law enforcement. Any questions about the dept just ask.
    "Jesus and I are a two man car"

Comment

icecold, i do have one question which has been bugging me.

I've never done any drugs of any nature, however as stated above I did get an underage ticket when I was younger. I wasn't arrested or anything and the officer who wrote me the ticket also told me to drive home safe (nice touch huh?) The case was dismissed and expunged. The details of it were disclosed on my app and paper work concerning the issue was also turned in.

Aside from that, I've gotten a speeding ticket but that is all.

IYO, do you think getting that will hurt my chances of getting into the academy?

Thanks alot!

Comment

Welcome to the site!
        We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions" -Ronald Reagan

Comment

No when I was a teenager i got a ticket as well. It wont hurt you, now a multitude of them will lol. Just make sure you are truthful and put everything on there because if you don't THEY WILL FIND OUT.

Comment

Thank god lol, i was worried about that. I disclosed my speeding ticket and everything so hopefully that won't have any impact. Only other thing i was worried about is that i worked the same summer job for 7 years while in hs and college and took one summer to work a different job but i got my year wrong on the app.

I called down there and they told me that it wouldn't matter as long as all employment had been listed since the age of 18 so i'm hoping he was right lol. I'd hate to get DQed for something like that

Comment

Yeah your good. I wouldn't worry about a thing. Getting the year worng is very minor.

Comment

Alright good deal, you should be the guy over recruiting lol. It's about impossible to get a response outta those guys down there.

Do they have a max number of people that are in each class? I'm sure there are alot cut and weeded out so i wasn't sure if there was a certain number that was let in?

Comment

No there is no max number. Yeah your right it's like pulling teeth to get a response

Comment

Another thing I noticed at PAT's was that I was the youngest person there out of everyone i talked to. I'm 21, will be 22 in june, will that have any impact on getting selected at all? That's just another question I had after talking to prolly 10 other people there who were in their 30s

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4679 users online. 290 members and 4389 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X