300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Knoxville

Hi- I am new to the message board scene here.

I am looking to change careers in my mid-20s. Don't know if anyone else has ever left a high-paying, high profile job to do what they love, but that's what I'm doing. If you listen to your parents enough when you're a kid and all the way through college that law enforcement isn't a worthy career choice- like I did- you just don't pursue your dream.

I am now.

I'm not worried about impressing the fam anymore. I just want to do what my grandfather did. He was my hero.

Hope all you guys (and gals) that are currently policing the streets stay safe!

Welcome knoxville. Like I always tell people there is no better job in the world. Name another profession where someone that you never met would go out of his way to help you or your family.

I had attended an officers funeral from another department once while on-duty. This POS politician said "Oh must be nice to get paid to go to a funeral for someone you don't even know." Its was all I could do not to punch this guys teeth into the back of his head.

That's what we do for each other and I'm sure your grandfather is proud wherever he is.
    "Lay there and bleed awhile before you feel some real pain."

"Have a cup of coffee, a pall mall, and relax!"

Comment

Welcome, K-Town.... Try KPD, their always accepting applications.

Comment

Best wishes with your career pursuit--it is a difficult yet great job.
        The Blog: Slam Dunks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3664 users online. 139 members and 3525 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X