300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everybody (Minnesota)

I have been a lurker on officer.com for about a year. I decided that it was about time I quit being so creepy. I graduated from Minnesota State Mankato with a degree in Business Administration, but before I had even graduated I decided I couldn't sit in a cubicle the rest of my life. I figured it would look lazy to not graduate so I put in my last semester and ACTUALLY graduated. But anyways, I started my Law Enforcement Degree at NHCC and (cross my fingers) hopefully get into skills this spring. I hope I can find a lot of the insight I'm looking for. I have a few friends working as LEO's but they are work relatively far away so my questions never get anwered. That's about it I guess.

Glad you officially joined us here. Best wishes with your law enforcement career.
    The Blog: Slam Dunks

Comment

Originally posted by hankido2000
      Welcome to the forum. I attended NHCC too.
      Hey thats great to hear. Any reason you're in Redando Beach? Other then of course the fact that it's a city WITH the word beach in the name, which usually means awesome.

Comment

Welcome welcome, always nice to see more MN people on here.
        Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Comment

Originally posted by hankido2000
          I grew up in the north metro area but relocated here almost 10 years ago. I got tired of the winters.
          Cant Blame Ya. I grew up in Brooklyn Park and live in Coon Rapids now. Wife says that if we move anywhere outa state it HAS to be California. What do I do with my snowmobile and hockey gear?

Comment

Well its about time you stopped being so creepy!

Seriously, welcome to the board! Feel free to shoot any Minnesota questions my way. I will do my best to answer them with my miniscule amount of knowledge!
            "It's a long way from the Supreme Court to the streets." -F.Y.
            "Saw drunk, arrested same." -Buck

Comment

Originally posted by FeelinMN View Post
              Cant Blame Ya. I grew up in Brooklyn Park and live in Coon Rapids now. Wife says that if we move anywhere outa state it HAS to be California. What do I do with my snowmobile and hockey gear?
              I'll take them because I want to move to Minnesota! I need a break from California.
              "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
              Not Yet Visited: 16
              Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

I am also from Minnesota.

Question for you guys: Will you be going through Skills at Alex Tech, or do they have that at NHCC?

Comment

NHCC, Normandale, Century, Metro State, and IGH CC (I think) goto CCJLE. Which is the skills program that is in st. paul. They are moving the center to Brooklyn Park in Fall 2010 as far as I know. Many of the state colleges and universities goto Alex. I know Anoka Tech does, MSU Mankato. I'd rather goto Alex, so if you still have the chance to choose, try and go there.

Comment

FeelinMN, I went through Skills at Alex, the summer of 2006. I went to NDSU (Fargo) and got my BS in CJ, and graduated from there December or 2005.

I really enjoyed my ten weeks at Alex. Made some good friends, and some good memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Lookingforpants View Post
                      I really enjoyed my ten weeks at Alex. Made some good friends, and some good memories.
                      Well then I obviously don't need to tell you. Yea CCJLE is the metro skills. I've heard that it pales in comparison to Alex.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2963 users online. 158 members and 2805 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X