300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Maryland

My name is Matt and I am 21 years old. I recently proposed to my girlfriend of almost three years and am busy planning the wedding of her dreams. We both graduated from Towson University this past May and I am currently employed as an armored car driver/guard. I have been on a mission to become a police officer since I was in high school and I feel that I've accomplished the hurdle of school when I graduated with a Bachelor's of Science in Criminal Justice. I have interviewed with two police departments, applied to several others, and am hoping to find a department I can call home. If anyone has any advice for someone struggling right now I am all ears and willing to do whatever it takes to fulfill my dream to become a police officer. Thanks, to the heroes of our streets.

I'm moving to Maryland near the end of November. Haha. I will be your competition. I have my eyes set on Metro (washington DC) police and Baltimore city. I have compiled a list of about 40 departments I can apply to, or apply to when they are hiring, near the area of Maryland I am moving to. We can help each other out if you want.

Comment

I'm actually doing the background investigation portion for Metro right now. Just gotta find some time to get my polygraph in. Good luck, because it's very competitive around here and not a lot of places are hiring. I feel fortunate enough to have passed everything for metro because there were a lot of guys there who were more in shape than I, but I passed the written and physical and I was still sitting in the classroom at the end of the day.

Comment

Congratulations! Good luck and welcome to officer.com!
        "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5938 users online. 316 members and 5622 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X