X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman71655
    replied
    Originally posted by PO2BPA View Post
    AH Yes sir! Do I know what you mean. I'm not sure how old you are, partner, but the older we get the harder it is to remember and get up and go. . To be honest with you I'm not sure how I passed the Basic Peace Officer license back in the year 2001. I felt like I my mind was full of mush that had been crammed from our police academy. I do know that I have never regretted it since then. I have enjoyed my time in Law Enforcement and would not want to do anything different. I enjoy working and getting the satisfaction of putting bad people in jail. I'm not to happy with the Judicial process after wards but that might only be in Texas. Hey Part, I know you can do it because your already a Sworn Peace Officer in Arkansas. If you don't make it the first time then keep trying cause they will always be needing Police Officers in Texas.
    Thanks for the positive encouragement! I also went through the Academy in 01. I was there "when the world stopped turning" if you know what i mean. They cancelled classes and we watched everything unfold on the classroom projector. I will never forget it. I will be 32 next month, so I am ready to find a department where I can settle down. So we will see...

Leave a comment:

• PO2BPA
    replied
    AH Yes sir! Do I know what you mean. I'm not sure how old you are, partner, but the older we get the harder it is to remember and get up and go. . To be honest with you I'm not sure how I passed the Basic Peace Officer license back in the year 2001. I felt like I my mind was full of mush that had been crammed from our police academy. I do know that I have never regretted it since then. I have enjoyed my time in Law Enforcement and would not want to do anything different. I enjoy working and getting the satisfaction of putting bad people in jail. I'm not to happy with the Judicial process after wards but that might only be in Texas. Hey Part, I know you can do it because your already a Sworn Peace Officer in Arkansas. If you don't make it the first time then keep trying cause they will always be needing Police Officers in Texas.

Leave a comment:

• Superman71655
    replied
    Originally posted by PO2BPA View Post
    Welcome Superman,

I am also new to the forum and glad to have found it. I understand your situation cause I lived it for 7 years as a Texas Peace Officer. Especially once I moved off patrol and into the TACT/GANG Unit in our department. I have since moved to the Fed side of the house and still working shift work and on an opposite schedule from my family. I just got home at 12:30 am and wife, son (6) stayed up to greet me at the door. They concked out not to long after but I understand your situation. Unfortunately when we do our job something has to suffer and that is our familiy. I never walk out that door without telling them how much they mean to me. Keep up the good work and we will all be rewarded in the end.
    Im glad you posted...I am frome the DFW area and will be down in Dallas to test for my peace officer license on the 22nd of this month. I will also be testing for Rockwall PD on the 23rd. I am really excited to get the chance to come home, but nervous about all the testing. 8 years of work tends to hit the waist if you know what I mean...I am sure that I will manage, but it hits the nerves all the same. I am hopeful that I can get this job and start getting out of debt, since it pays triple what I make now...

Leave a comment:

• Superman71655
    replied
    Originally posted by Code Seven
    Welcome to the forums. When you say "it will be worth it in the end," what do you mean by "in the end"?
    I suppose what I mean could be the big pay off. All the hard work we do has to lead to something right?

Leave a comment:

• az4code23
    replied
    Welcome to officer.com!

Leave a comment:

• asullivan
    replied
    Welcome Officer..
    Ya need anythang.... Give me a squelch tail....

A " Sully" Sullivan

Leave a comment:

• PO2BPA
    replied
    Welcome Superman,

I am also new to the forum and glad to have found it. I understand your situation cause I lived it for 7 years as a Texas Peace Officer. Especially once I moved off patrol and into the TACT/GANG Unit in our department. I have since moved to the Fed side of the house and still working shift work and on an opposite schedule from my family. I just got home at 12:30 am and wife, son (6) stayed up to greet me at the door. They concked out not to long after but I understand your situation. Unfortunately when we do our job something has to suffer and that is our familiy. I never walk out that door without telling them how much they mean to me. Keep up the good work and we will all be rewarded in the end.

Leave a comment:

• KSU2010
    replied
    Welcome Super -- I hope you're able to spend more time with your family soon
    :-)

Leave a comment:

• Superman71655
    replied
    Thanks I will. just an example...I work grave yard shift as a supervisor. I got off this morning at 7am. I made it home around 7:30, ate breakfast with my wife as my child had already caught the bus to school. Afterward, we worked out together and hit the track for a lil cardio. Quality time huh? So I get to bed around 9am. The next thing I know, my phone is ringing and my Sergeant is telling me that they need my help because we had a major storm hit our community. I go 10-8 at 12p and will be 10-8 untill 7am tomorrow morning. So again when I get home my child won't be there because she spent the night with her G-parents, and my wife had to work the homecoming football game as a band booster/volunteer. So she will most likely be snoozing. when she gets up, I will of course be sawing logs and will have to return to work tonight. I'm not griping by any means, I guess I am just ready for a vacation...lol

Leave a comment:

• uspd511
    replied
    ok man hang in ther.

Leave a comment:

• Superman71655
    started a topic New here

New here

So my wife has been a member of an LEO wives forum for quite some time. So I figured it was about time I tried one out.

I currently work in South East Arkansas as a Police Officer where I have been working for 8 years. I am married with a 12 year old daughter that keeps me pretty busy. Lately I have been pretty tied up with work, so I see my wife and child on a psser by kind of basis. It has been pretty stressful, but I just try to tell myself and them that it will be worth it in the end. Nice to meet you all and I look forward to talking to you.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5586 users online. 339 members and 5247 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X