Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Baghdad

Hello All,

I've been lurking for a couple of years and finally joined and posted a couple of questions. About Me:

23 year old male, with 6 years and change service in the Oregon Army National Guard. Spent about 4 of those years on active duty of some sort (3 years in recruiting), and currently deployed to Sunni Iraq (Yes, it's a pun not a spelling error )

I am planning on pursuing a career in Law Enforcement on my return home next spring, and am trying to use these forums to learn as much as I can and to get as much of an edge on the hiring process as possible. If anyone has any advice for a military guy trying to expedite the hiring process while still on duty or any ways to stand out in a positive light while I'm here I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for reading, and for putting your 1* on the line!

-SGT C.

Welcome dmr400.

Thank you for your service to your country. I salute you!

Don't wait until you return stateside. Start applying when you are within six months of returning. And apply everywhere, including city, county, state and federal police units. You can find contact information via the internet. And don't forget to contact the Veterans Administration for help as well.

While on active duty, volunteer for anything related to law enforcement, even something as simple as guard duty. Including this on your resume will help.

Stay safe.
    Living it one day at a time.

Comment

Welcome to officer.com! Thanks for serving our country!
      "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Thank you for your service and welcome.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3941 users online. 274 members and 3667 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X