Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MB2009
    replied
    Sorry about the acronyms OPM is the Office of Personell Management, they are the human resources dept for the Feds. TSU is the Training and Scheduling Unit it is where your packet goes after passing the background investigation so you can be scheduled for your duty station and entry to the Academy. Hopefully my BI will be finished soon and I will get the update, then I will go into the waiting room and wait patiently for my call to come.

As far as the age, yes I am pushing the envelope I am 37 but I still have 2 1/2 years to go before I am to much of an old fogey for the Feds.
    Last edited by MB2009; 09-29-2009, 10:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• az4code23
    replied
    Welcome to officer.com, good luck. You're never too old to do what you love!

Leave a comment:

• BAinCJ
    replied
    Welcome MB2009

I was initially concerned about your age when you indicated that your interest began almost 20 years ago. But after visiting the Border Patrol Agency web site, I was surprised to learn
    "Age requirement – Candidate must not be 40 years of age at the time of appointment"
    Since you claim you have been "tentatively accepted as an entry level Agent", you seem to be on your way.
    I noticed that you used two acronyms (OPM and TSU) in your posting. One thing I remember from report writing training is to spell out any acronyms the first time they appear in a report if they are not commonly known.

Good luck with your career.

Leave a comment:

• MB2009
    started a topic New from SC

New from SC

Just wanted to say hello. I am trying to do now what I started almost 20 years ago. I started down the LEO path in 1990 due to unforeseen circumstances my path turned left and I got sidetracked by life. I am now going through the application process for a couple of federal agencies, and fortunately for me things are going well. I am patiently waiting for my BI to be finished. I had my BI interview about 5 weeks ago and the Interviewer told me he didnt see any problems. My first choice is Border Patrol and even though I have only been tentatively accepted as an entry level Agent at my age, I am really looking forward to getting things started. After spending the last 7 years in a desk bound management position I have gotten my feet back into a pair of running shoes, and have been working my butt off, literally. I hope the OPM sends my "Congrats you are now in TSU" (not to be arrogant, just thinking positively) letter soon because it is getting very hard to be patient.

As for everyone on here that may be going through the same process Good Luck I wish you the Best, and for everyone else Howdy.

MB2009

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4699 users online. 330 members and 4369 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X