Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAinCJ
    replied
    With a degree in Criminal Justice, you have proven your interest in law enforcement. While you search for a full-time position, do not discount reserve/auxiliary police programs offered by some departments. The combination of a Criminal Justice degree with reserve/auxiliary police training and experience will look great on any resume.

Leave a comment:

• firefinder
    replied
    If you were going to be on a panel with the task of interviewing prospective officers, what are the top thirty or so questions that you would want to ask? Write the questions down, and write down pre scripted answers to each question. Practice them until you can answer each of those questions in your sleep. That way you will be less nervous when you have your next interview, because you will literally be the most prepared person in the room.

Leave a comment:

• BrandonEKU21
    replied
    Last edited by BrandonEKU21; 02-12-2010, 06:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PD2005
    replied
    Be patient and you'll get there. I went to EKU also and am now an officer in the big city (Metro) North of Richmond. From my personal experience you have a better chance getting hired by larger agencies such as KSP, Lexington Metro or Louisville Metro. Smaller agencies tend to look for officers who are already certified to save money. KSP, Lexington, and Louisville requires everyone to complete their own academies so you are on even ground with others who are state certified. Don't give up!

Leave a comment:

• lpstopper
    replied
    If you don't get hired in KY, you could always consider relocating. Go Colonels.

Leave a comment:

• BrandonEKU21
    replied
    I will not give up. This is what I really want. It's all I want for my career.

Leave a comment:

• az4code23
    replied
    Good luck. Getting accepted to any LE academy is a long process. Just keep applying yourself. If you have dedication, and if this iswhat you really want, keep trying! Welcome to officer.com!

Leave a comment:

• BrandonEKU21
    started a topic Hello from Kentucky

Hello from Kentucky

Last edited by BrandonEKU21; 02-12-2010, 06:56 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5625 users online. 329 members and 5296 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X