X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning from Phoenix!

Well, Gilbert to be exact.

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully it's okay that I'm here... I am a 23-year-old student currently finishing up the last few credits of my BA in Criminal Justice. I also work full-time as an admin. assistant for the director of a national insurance brokerage.

I'm not yet entirely sure just what I want to do with my degree... I'm 99% positive that a health issue I have would disqualify me from becoming an officer... however, I know that there are endless possibilities in the field. Hopefully I'll find my niche!

I come from a family full of military and war veterans, correctional officers, and police officers... and have nothing but the utmost respect for all of the above.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you guys... and hearing some more realistic views on law enforcement and current issues. Text books are great... but I value human experience so much more!

Have a good one!

Welcome to officer.com! And if you don't mind me asking, what kind of health issue do you have?? You should still apply! Good luck!
    "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

I have PCOS... which made me go from a healthy BMI of 22 to an unhealthy BMI of 38 in about 2 years time. To help solve the problem, and as a last resort, I had the Realize band "installed" in June. I am now on the fast track to getting back to my healthy self... and my health issues are about 95% cured. It was either that or surgery on my reproductive parts.... and I would like to have kids someday.

I'm just not sure anyone would take me knowing that I had the surgery... it might be a potential liability or something like that. I'm totally fine with it... I'll find my place somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by MsSunshine View Post
        I have PCOS... which made me go from a healthy BMI of 22 to an unhealthy BMI of 38 in about 2 years time. To help solve the problem, and as a last resort, I had the Realize band "installed" in June. I am now on the fast track to getting back to my healthy self... and my health issues are about 95% cured. It was either that or surgery on my reproductive parts.... and I would like to have kids someday.

I'm just not sure anyone would take me knowing that I had the surgery... it might be a potential liability or something like that. I'm totally fine with it... I'll find my place somewhere else.
        Have you thought about volunteering? However, don't ever give up if law enforcement is something you really want to do! There is always hope and endless possiblites. If it is meant to be, God will find a place for you in law enforcement! Good luck!
        Last edited by az4code23; 09-25-2009, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
          Have you thought about volunteering? However, don't ever give up if law enforcement is something you really want to do! There is always hope and endless possiblites. If it is meant to be, God will find a place for you in law enforcement! Good luck!
          I hate to sound greedy, but volunteering in lieu of working doesn't pay the bills!

I'm more interested in the administrative/paper pushing side of things anyway... it's where more of my strengths lie.

Comment

Originally posted by MsSunshine View Post
            I hate to sound greedy, but volunteering in lieu of working doesn't pay the bills!

I'm more interested in the administrative/paper pushing side of things anyway... it's where more of my strengths lie.
            LOL, you're right, everyone has to make a living!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4860 users online. 271 members and 4589 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X