300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting from Iowa

Hello all from the Hawkeye state. I am a CO at the Iowa Medical and Classification Center in Oakdale. I'm not a sworn officer, hell, I'm not even a trained officer yet. But I do have 2 days experience. I have loved the past 2 days and am really looking forward to learning more. I do know the most important thing for a rookie like me though, ask questions of the experienced officers, listen, and don't guess!! I retired from trucking after 26 years of over the road. It is quiet the change of pace not being treated like a criminal but instead being treated like a human. I'm sure there will be days I hate but they will be minor compared to the days I love. Great officers so far. I'm really looking forward to "doing" 20 years there. Just wish I had started at 19 and not as an old man. I'm sure I'll find great and helpful information on this forum and have enjoyed reading it until I was approved to post. I'm a lucky man.

Good luck and welcome to officer.com!
    "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Welcome

I work about 30 miles north east of you

I live about 10 miles straight north of you
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Good Luck as you start. You will gain a lot of experience as you go. Just when you think you have seen it all something else will come up. The learning never ends. Good Luck and BE SAFE!
        Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

I know exactly how you feel!!! I was at Roadway Express for 11 yrs and left there in Feb of this year to care for my newborn.It is so nice to be treated like a person and not a number,and not having to deal with 2 faced backstabbing Teamsters and *****ty management.I am so glad I am a newly sworn officer!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3199 users online. 156 members and 3043 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X