300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Long Island, NY

Hello everyone! My name here is LINY, which is pretty self explanatory when you look at where I am from.

A little bit about me.. I am just out of High-School, who is seeking to get an Associates in Criminal Justice (even though some forum members advise against that, and I'd like to know why) and then seek a career in the with the Police Departments in Nassau, Suffolk, or even NYPD.

I've always been a big support of Law Enforcement, as I'm sure pretty much everyone here is, and look forward to spending more time on this forum.

Thanks for reading!

Evenin fellow Long Islander!, Que hoy de nuevo?
    sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

I don't speak Spanish!

Comment

hello from this place called paradise...
        It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
        Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Welcome to officer.com!
          "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Originally posted by LINY View Post
            I don't speak Spanish!
            All kidding aside, start learning it, especially if you want to be a cop....
            "The wicked flee when no man pursueth
            but the righteous are bold as a lion"

Proverbs 28:1, inscription beneath NLEOM lion.sigpic

Comment

HEllo..

I am from the bronx, but I have family in Halbrook.

IMO there is no better place on earth then NYC.
              "ExComptonCop X 1000 - buh-bye (but we all really know you'll be back to get the last word in...they always do) ".

Comment

Hey,
                I’m from LI too.

Here’s why Criminal Justice is a waste….
                I graduated from Suffolk in ‘99 w/ my AAS in Criminal Justice.
                Wanted to be a cop. Took the Suffolk test but didn’t get a high enough grade.
                Took the NYPD, but was waiting to be called. So, I had my degree in Criminal Justice, but now what...??? How does it help you find a job in the real world? It doesn’t.
                I went to the Program director of Suffolk after I graduated looking for advice. She told me to become a bartender while I wait to get called from NYPD. (TRUE STORY)
                That’s it!! I got my degree so I could be a bartender??? I was disappointed, confused…

Anyway, I ended up going back to school to bet my BS in Computer Science and now I’m an IT Security Mgr at a bank. The NYPD did end up calling me about a year and a half later, but I guess I already moved on.

I loved taking criminal justice. I even did an internship w/ the SCPD, which was great.
                The problem is, what if you don’t make it into one of the police departments?
                Then what do you do? Just something to think about….

Anyway, the reason I'm on this forum now is I just joined the Auxiliary Police

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5390 users online. 308 members and 5082 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X