300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, y'all!

Hello, everybody! I've been reading a lot here and thought I'd register and introduce myself. My name is MaryElizabeth and I'm 17 y.o. Ever since I was about 5, I wanted to be a Police Officer. I grew up in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area in Arizona and I enjoyed it very much...ah, swimming begins in February, grilling out all the time, surviving 130 degrees F weather, dealing with illegal immigrants, Hispanic Gangs, etc., etc....yup, I miss it to some extent. I now live in the Baltimore area...in Baltimore County near SW Baltimore City. Used to live in Anne Arundel County near Annapolis, and to be truthful, I enjoyed it much better. No offense to those in B-more...I love the City! East Coast vs. West Coast...absolutely no comparison! I don't think I'd ever leave MD. I'm so impressed by the bigger/better technology and being so close to DC and the people talk fast like I do. Hee, hee. The Police force is better organized, I think, too. I was homeschooled and finished HS last year! I had a lot of oppurtunities being homeschooled, and met a lot of people that I think I may not have met otherwise. I still had parties and had a lot of friends in Public school as well. Now, I do agree that homeschooling is not for just anybody. I'm leaving for Job Corps in about 4-6 weeks (date not yet definate) and I'll be studying PC's and moving up to earn my cert's in other areas as well. My plan as of yet is to enter the Academy when I'm 19-20 and have some more experiences and all. I'll be pursuing a Criminal Justice/Sociology degree and later in my future I'll be working toward a Master's degree. I come from a primarily military family, so it's no surprise to anyone I wish to be an LEO. Not sure what department I want go in, but I figure I have some time. Always been particularly interested in Criminal Investigation Division (CID)...but we'll see. I've found this site to be really helpful in my persuation to go into The PD. Some cool stuff here. Y'all can be pretty funny. Now, the only person who has a digital camera (that's around me) is my Aunt and I don't see her but maybe a half a dozen times a year and I doubt that we'd even get around to putting my pic of myself here. So, you have to trust me when I describe myself, ok? (Truthfully, I'm being honest.) I'm 5'9", brownish-blondish-redish wavy hair to my shoulders, blue-green eyes, I weigh 186, and have an athletic build due to all the swimming and running/walking I do. I take after my German/Jewish father who was like 6'3" or something. My one and only sibling, my brother, is 13 1/2 years older than me, so I'm the pesky little sister. Ha! Well, I may not get to this site every day, so be patient if I don't respond right away. I look forward to "talking" with y'all and being a participater rather than a spectator. You're welcome to email me, too, if you'd like.

<small>[ 05-14-2003, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: LEO-wanna-be ]</small>
    M.E.

Hey, Scratchy. Yeah, Glendale's a nice place. Lived there when I was in 2nd and 3rd grade. About homeschooling...everyone has different perspectives on things. All I can say is that in 2nd gr. I was reading 5th gr. level. My mom (my educator) put me on one of the most challenging curriculums: ABecka
    The thing about homeschooling is that you don't have to stick to doing the same as everyone else. I did Part Time school in the summers, combined 2 grades in one (eg. 7th & 8th), did college humanities courses, Pre-med chemistry course in 11th & 12th gr., followed LEO's, Drs, Lawyers, CNA's, and the like. I learned a lot in everyday experinces. And I really like people interaction, so my mom put me out there and I really discovered things about myself that I may not have 'til later on. I matured quickly and I am proud of myself.
    Thanks for the welcome. Talk later.
    M.E.

Comment

Welcome to Officer.com.
      Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3844 users online. 225 members and 3619 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X