Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible recruit checking in

Hello all,

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. This site seems to have lots of great information on it which I'm sure will help me out a ton. I'm currently working on getting into the Jan 2009 class for the NYPD. I took my walk-in test (#8310) on 9/11/08 and got a raw score of 100. Now I'm just waiting to get my list number so I can further the process. I just graduated from Embry-Riddle with a BS in Aeronautical Science and am going to be looking for a spot, eventually, in the NYPD Air Unit. If anyone has any info or tips as far as getting hired or in an Air Unit I'm all ears.

Thanks everyone

Togo
    Exam #: 8310
    List #: 0004X

Hey Togo,

I know of a few guys in my department's aviation unit and they all had some time on the job and kept their pilots license up obviously.
    I also know a guy that DIDN'T get accepted into the unit because he went into his interview (so I heard) VERY COCKY like he knew more then everyone else and they would be crazy not to take him. Well I am sure you can conclude what happened.

I am not that familiar with the NYPD but I would assume you would need to have several years of experience as a patrol officer.

Some departments have open houses or community days or events or shows where they "show off" the equipment and you can speak to members of that unit. Not sure if NYPD does but it might be a good question to ask of their community relations?

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the reply Baysidegal.

I do know they require 5 years of being a officer before you can even apply and I'm more than ok with putting in my dues. I certainly didn't expect to just show up and magically get selected. I didn't know about the open houses though and I'll certainly look into that.

Thanks

Togo
      Exam #: 8310
      List #: 0004X

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3476 users online. 174 members and 3302 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X