300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Michigan

I posted this over on the career forum, but figured I'd put it here,too.
    Great site, I look forward to gaining some good info and hopefully posting as a law enforcement officer in the future...

Hi,

I am in the process of going through the steps to become a law enforcement officer in Michigan and am looking for any tips or any inside advice I can find from officers on this forum.

At 33 I am a late arrival. Though I indended to pursue becoming a police officer after high school, I changed paths during college and went into the automotive industry, like most of my family, after being tempted by great salaries and an easy way in because I knew people...based on the current state of the industry I don't have to say how that ended (Layoff) I have since been working in retail LP but it is not what I truly want and I have decided to pick up where I left off. Luckily I have stayed in shape!

I have scheduled my civil service exam for the state (October) and will be taking my MCOLES reading/writing exam on the 13th of this month. I also have a 4 year Bachelors degree, although it is in business communications, not CJ. Unfortunately I have not been through an academy and am looking at departments that will either put me through (state) or find a department that may conditionally hire if I put myself through...a long shot I know. I just can't afford to stop working and pay for an academy without some kind of back-up plan.

I'm looking for people to see what they did or are doing, especially in Michigan. I have done a lot of research and know I am limited in the state, but would like to exhaust my options here before looking elsewhere. Sorry for the long bio, I figured it would help to see who is in a similar spot. Thanks so much for the help!

----Rob

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6292 users online. 355 members and 5937 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X