Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another hello from beyond the pond

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • another hello from beyond the pond

    Hello out there,

    my name is Andy, and i´m with the bavarian state police in Germany for about 15 years now.

    After some years of uniformed patrol (which means an indispensable basement, i think) i became detective, serving felony search warrants, tracing fugitive or hiding felons around the world. In addition to that, i was responsible for outlaw motorcycle gangs, because all major mc´s had their chapters right in my area. Had some intense experiences here...

    After two years of further education i was promoted to lieutenant, and now i care about major cases of drug trafficking, and medium cases of organised crime - full scale from wiretapping to door kicking, and to testimony in court.

    One would refuse to believe, but i actually have some spare time
    In this rare cases, i like to run (10 km), torture my guitar, devastate my kitchen in cooking experiments, and read some books about history and politics.

    Enough for now, i´m glad to join this interesting community, and look forward to share some experiences. Feel free to ask anything.

    Andy

  • #2
    Welcome, from your neighbor!

    Comment


    • #3
      Hallo Andy,
      Wie gehts and welcome to the board, enjoy your stay! This is a great board. I was stationed in Schweinfurt with the U.S. Army from 1995 until 2002.

      While I was stationed there I lived, with my now wife, in the small village of Nordheim and her family is form Ostheim v.d. Rhon.

      Anyway I got out of the Army in early 2006 and have been a municipal police officer ever since. Right now I have about two years in patrol. Having a lot of fun.

      So what part of Bavaria are you from. If you don't feel comfortable posting that information on a public forum feel free to PM me!

      The wife, kids and I really need to get back over there to visit her family soon!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by fritz71 View Post
        Welcome, from your neighbor!
        Habedehre back to Austria

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JePerkinWA View Post
          Hallo Andy,
          Wie gehts and welcome to the board, enjoy your stay! This is a great board. I was stationed in Schweinfurt with the U.S. Army from 1995 until 2002.
          Thank you. So we missed us a few years. Around 1991/1992 i was there a few times. We (airforce) did some exercises with you guys from Schweinfurt. I even had an opportunity to shoot those nice weapons qualification badges. They were issued by a LTC Thurman, if i remember right. Was he still in charge when you were there?


          Originally posted by JePerkinWA View Post
          While I was stationed there I lived, with my now wife, in the small village of Nordheim and her family is form Ostheim v.d. Rhon.
          Oh, thats far away. I live and work around Munich.
          Send her my regards, hopefully she could settle in well.

          Originally posted by JePerkinWA View Post
          The wife, kids and I really need to get back over there to visit her family soon!
          Well, seven years are long enough to strike some roots. Just an eight hour hop on a plane.

          stay safe

          - Andy

          Comment


          • #6
            Herzlich Wilkommen aus O.com Andy! Ich reiste nach Bayern im letzten November und gab drei Tage in München und eines Tages in Ingolstadt aus. Ich reise zurück nach Deutschland in diesem November aber dieses Mal ich weiterer Norden gehend.

            Während ich in Ingolstadt war, sah ich ein Ausstellungstück über die bayerische Polizei am bayerische Armeemuseum. Es war ein ausgezeichnetes Ausstellungstück, und ich lernte sehr über die Polizei in Bayern. Sind die Polizei in Bayern, das noch grün trägt, oder haben sie sich zu blau noch geändert?

            In English for the rest of us:

            Welcome to O.com Andy! I traveled to Bavaria last November and spent three days in Munich and one day in Ingolstadt. I am going back to Germany this November but this time I am going farther north.

            While I was in Ingolstadt I saw an exhibit about the Bavarian Police at the Bavarian Army Museum. It was an excellent exhibit and I learned a lot about police in Bavaria. Are the police in Bavaria still wearing green or have they changed to blue yet?

            Comment


            • #7
              Welcome to the forum. One of the members of the club I work at brought in two of his friends who are German Police Officers.
              "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson


              *UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
              Not Yet Visited: 16
              Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by histfan71 View Post
                Welcome to O.com Andy! I traveled to Bavaria last November and spent three days in Munich and one day in Ingolstadt. I am going back to Germany this November but this time I am going farther north
                Thank you all for the welcome.
                I don´t know what might be interesting of the northern (dark and cold, strange people) part of Germany, but i hope you´ll enjoy your stay


                Originally posted by histfan71 View Post
                While I was in Ingolstadt I saw an exhibit about the Bavarian Police at the Bavarian Army Museum. It was an excellent exhibit and I learned a lot about police in Bavaria. Are the police in Bavaria still wearing green or have they changed to blue yet?
                The exhibit is still to be completed, and will be in full size at the end of this year. So if you are interested, you might want to return in November. Unfortunately i haven´t seen it myself.

                While the police of the other German states is constantly turning to blue uniforms, our administration still refuses to follow. It´s a matter of funds, and they say, they´ll spend money on modern technology first. Besides the fact i do not wear uniform any more, i agree it´s more reasonable to buy digital radio, modern guns and so on.

                The benefit of the green (secretion-colored in my mind) uniform is that it´s so ugly, that noone mistakes you with a train conductor or a security guard, as it happened in the north.

                Decide by yourself: Hamburg (blue) and green&ugly

                - Andy

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hello

                  And another welcome from the north of Germany. What´s going on there in the South? Nice photograph;-)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well, we also changed from grey (Gendarmerie) or green (Sicherheitswache) to blue.
                    You are right, as medics and firefighters use blue uniforms, it could happen to be mistaken. On the other hand, on the backside of the jackets is written "POLIZEI" in big capital letters, and at least sometimes we wear white caps.

                    Money was no problem (usually it is, but not in that case), as there was a time limit of almost two years to change from grey/green to blue. Very often you could see officers with different uniforms, but now nobody talks about it anymore.

                    I guess it´s more a political problem, Bavaria playing their own game in Germany.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      @Andy-GER
                      What? In the north of Germany there are only strange people and it´s dark and cold? Have you ever been here at the baltic sea? I don´t think so.
                      We have more tourists then bavaria. We have a beautiful coast with many white and sandy beaches and clear water.
                      And what do you have in Bavaria? Nothing like boring cows on an even more boring mountain and people with a not understandable dialect;-)

                      But don´t worry about!IoI

                      Nobody can be as good as we are in the north.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What is the proper way to say polizei, I can never say it right---Danke

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GeneralMelchid View Post
                          What is the proper way to say polizei, I can never say it right---Danke
                          uh..oh...how could i spell it?
                          Something like politseye, with emphasis on the last syllable.

                          Ah - i found something better: http://www.dict.cc/?s=polizei click a few times on the uppermost right speaker symbol.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by fritz71 View Post
                            Well, we also changed from grey (Gendarmerie) or green (Sicherheitswache) to blue.
                            I like the Austrian uniform. Modern shape and colour with traditional elements.


                            Originally posted by fritz71 View Post
                            I guess it´s more a political problem, Bavaria playing their own game in Germany.
                            Yes, and i love it
                            Better: i used to love it. The times are changing. Don´t know to which direction.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Spike1978 View Post
                              @Andy-GER
                              What? In the north of Germany there are only strange people and it´s dark and cold? Have you ever been here at the baltic sea? I don´t think so.
                              Yes...i was waiting for that

                              Of course i was there, and Meck-Pom is a beautiful state. I would spend my holiday there. Had some fine days at the Müritzsee. There are many scenic jewels to explore.

                              Originally posted by Spike1978 View Post
                              We have more tourists then bavaria.
                              I doubt that. Though your numbers are rising. Unfortunately i have seen only numberplates from Berlin around the lakes. It seems they bought up the most beautiful pieces of land.

                              Originally posted by Spike1978 View Post
                              We have a beautiful coast with many white and sandy beaches and clear water.
                              And what do you have in Bavaria? Nothing like boring cows on an even more boring mountain and people with a not understandable dialect;-)
                              Oh i like the sea. This is why i like Norway so much, where my mountains and your sea are side by side.
                              And about the dialect: look who´s talking

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5736 users online. 314 members and 5422 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X