300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new... a Retired Muscatine Iowa Police Lieutenant

Hi... just joined recently, thought I would say a couple words to all of you! Been retired as result of a knee injury when I fell down a hillside with a young fugitive. I now drive a city bus here, I told the guy one day "thanks to you I get a decent retirement pension!" and it is indeed! So I really did thank him cause I think I was getting burned out about then anyway! Now I wonder what I did with all my time, I am busier than ever, work more than ever too! On the bus, I meet people all the time that I used to arrest, help out, all sorts of situations! Or sometimes they just heard about me! For some reason unknown to me, a lot of people used to call me "Carl Club"! Now why would they do that, after all I usually just used my hands rather than the club... most of the time! Police work was good for me, built confidence, made me more responsible, more mature than I was prior to being in law enforcement. I was sort of a wuss before, and quiet, even sort of shy! But I don't miss it, now I am pushing middle age, I will be 70 next year, I look 55 though! And I feel younger than the chronological age of 69! If you think old, you are going to be old! Anyway, that is me, go to my profile and check out my interests and stuff! Enough for now, talk later!

Well Carl, welcome to the forums.

Sounds like you had a good, full career.

Look forward to hearing some of your input.
    "Rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior but for evil behavior. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same." ~~ God

Comment

Welcome from KS.....via MO.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3490 users online. 144 members and 3346 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X