Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Couple Questions About the Rules

Hi Officer community,

I apologize in advance for making this post on here rather than by email or by private message. I know I got a private message asking if there was any questions to send it to OfficerDotCom by PM or email [email protected], but when I sent the PM, it said it was full and when I sent the email, the email address got rejected so I hope it's ok to ask my question on here, but I wanted to clarify something in the rulesso I'm avoiding the chance of getting myself banned right off the bat.

2. Note that certain forum sections, especially "Ask a Cop" and "The Squad Room," are restricted. Only forum members meeting our "sworn police officer" criteria can respond to posts in "Ask a Cop," and only sworn officers can post anything in "The Squad Room." If you do not meet our sworn police officer criteria and you violate these restrictions, your account will be suspended, no matter how well-qualified you (think you) were to post there. If you feel compelled to provide information to a forum member, use the Private Message utility.
    I have a scenerio I wanted to get advice from cops from. That being said, is this rule saying I'm allowed to make topics asking cops questions and I'm assuming I can respond to the cope in that given topic, but responding to other topics would get me banned? Is that correct? Or am I misunderstanding this rule?

Also, I have searched the forum and my issue I want to post about is currently not posted on this forum so far. That being said, I also have saved chat logs and video chats involving the situation that could help the cop (or the community depending on where I'm allowed to post and who notices it). Am I allowed to link that type of information in the topic of my issue? Or is that type of linking forbidden as well.

Sorry if these questions are stupid if they come off that way at all. I just want to avoid the risk of getting banned especially since I just joined this site recently.

you can ask questions in Ask A Cop and then respond to any answers in that particular thread

It is best NOT to link to other sites
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      you can ask questions in Ask A Cop and then respond to any answers in that particular thread

It is best NOT to link to other sites

Good to know. Thank you for getting back to me.

Comment

I emailed [email protected] about changing my username because I used my own name no idea why honestly. first time back on in a while. anywho I emailed them as my welcome message says to it automatically blocked me so not sure how to get in contact considering we need to email the officer to change usernames.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5587 users online. 344 members and 5243 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X