300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College and Univerity Police

Are there others out there who are college or university police officers intersted in possibly having a section in the Officers and Law Enforcement Professionals ONLY section that's dedicated to this unique brand of policing? I'll put my vote in.
    "... They think I'm crazy... But I know better... It is not I who am crazy... It is I who am MAD!... Didn't you hear 'em? Didn't you see the crowds?!! Oh my beloved ice cream bar... How I love to lick your creamy center... And your oh-so-nutty chocolate covering... You're not like the others... You like the same things I do... Wax paper... Boiled football leather... Dog breath... WE'RE NOT HITCHHIKING ANYMORE... WE'RE RIDING...

--Ren Hoek, Space Madness

Why? You're still police like the rest of us...The Squad Room suits everyone just fine.

Just my 2 cents.
    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
      Why? You're still police like the rest of us...The Squad Room suits everyone just fine.

Just my 2 cents.
      I agree. Actually, it's just a thought. I'm always interested in other college/university officers viewpoints since our jobs are a bit unique in the areas/environments we work, liberal administative views & resulting support problems, equipment issues, etc.
      "... They think I'm crazy... But I know better... It is not I who am crazy... It is I who am MAD!... Didn't you hear 'em? Didn't you see the crowds?!! Oh my beloved ice cream bar... How I love to lick your creamy center... And your oh-so-nutty chocolate covering... You're not like the others... You like the same things I do... Wax paper... Boiled football leather... Dog breath... WE'RE NOT HITCHHIKING ANYMORE... WE'RE RIDING...

--Ren Hoek, Space Madness

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post

Just my 2 cents.
        I agree. I am a UPD officer. One night last weekend, I responded to a shooting, a residential burglary in progress, a domestic, served a couple of warrants found on traffic stops, arrested a drunk driver, and served a search warrant. That isn’t atypical activity for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Six View Post
          I agree. I am a UPD officer. One night last weekend, I responded to a shooting, a residential burglary in progress, a domestic, served a couple of warrants found on traffic stops, arrested a drunk driver, and served a search warrant. That isn’t atypical activity for us.
          wow I admire that greatly. You work for a vry proative department. Kudos. Like I said in prior threads. I love campus law enforcement. Definately my cup of tea. I couldnt see myself doing anything else. Its the best to me. Not to mention the free education that comes along with it.
          "Damned if you do and damned if you dont"

Comment

I'm always hesitant to open a new forum section, because that's one more section that people have to check to see if there is anything of interest for them. The best indicator that a new section is needed is when there are an excessive number of messages in an existing section that all relate to a common subject. I haven't seen that happening with college/university police topics.
            Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

I personally think that its a good idea but campus policing has not made it that big on this forum as of yet but hopefully the future can change that.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcLight View Post
                liberal administative views
                I couldn't agree more. It seems that the college/university police are restricted in many things due to the liberal presidents.

Comment

Originally posted by DPS55 View Post
                  Not to mention the free education that comes along with it.
                  Wish NYS University Police had that little perk...

Comment

Originally posted by UPNYPO View Post
                    Wish NYS University Police had that little perk...
                    Do they at least have tuition reimbursement or at least pay half?

Comment

I to am a College Police Officer. I'm in North Carolina and loving it. Glad to meet ya'll.

Moved down south from upstate NY about 20 years ago. Still go back "home" every now and then to see the rest of the family. (but only in the late spring, summer and early fall) No white stuff LOL
                      If you can't be honest with yourself who can you be honest with.

Comment

Originally posted by taz1802 View Post
                        I to am a College Police Officer. I'm in North Carolina and loving it. Glad to meet ya'll.

Moved down south from upstate NY about 20 years ago. Still go back "home" every now and then to see the rest of the family. (but only in the late spring, summer and early fall) No white stuff LOL
                        happy to meet you

Comment

Originally posted by UPNYPO View Post
                          I couldn't agree more. It seems that the college/university police are restricted in many things due to the liberal presidents.
                          What resrictions? I have full arrest authority as any other PO in NC. Are other states different? Excuse the ignorance but I thought a Police Officer is Police Officer no matter what your jurisdiction. If needed we can assist local town and the county in an incident.

As far a equipment, well, when the budget allows. I have what I need.
                          If you can't be honest with yourself who can you be honest with.

Comment

Deleted by member
                            Last edited by DPS55; 05-16-2007, 08:39 AM. Reason: to add sentence

Comment

Originally posted by taz1802 View Post
                              What resrictions? I have full arrest authority as any other PO in NC. Are other states different? Excuse the ignorance but I thought a Police Officer is Police Officer no matter what your jurisdiction. If needed we can assist local town and the county in an incident.

As far a equipment, well, when the budget allows. I have what I need.
                              yay its different with the department that I am with. Our department is formed of SPO's ( Special Police Officer's) which can only make arrest on the property owned and on the streets surrounding the property owned by the University. Thers people on here that really try to badmouth SPO's like we are I guess glorified security guards. When you look at it theres alot of police departments that are 99% security. From what i have learned and seen so far Howard does alot more proactive law enforcement functions than some federal agencies. Definately makes more arrest for violations of the law. I know alot of college/university departments where im from in Maryland that have SPO's dont really do that much at all after the arrest. It appears that they mostly just detain until the locals arrive. Howard does EVERYthing in the booking process except transport and i hope that changes in the future. Howard can even apply to get there own warrants. I really think im going to like being an SPO. Its simply less to worry about. im cool with that and thats simply my cup of tea.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2900 users online. 157 members and 2743 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X