• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was aidokea banned?

I want answers this is an outrage

What did I miss?

Comment

I missed it
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Me too! Usually it’s me!
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

He quoted a few lines from Galaxy Quest on his last post.

Nothing will get you banned faster at O.com than Galaxy Quest.
          I used to be a banker but I lost interest.

-Steven Wright

Comment

Is it still there?

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. My best guess is it might be related to this closed thread:

https://forum.officer.com/forum/publ...o-call-no-show

MANY of us (myself included) were pretty harsh in our criticism of the OP...but something must have been said that caused admin to close the thread and delete the vast majority of the posts. I remember Aidokea participated in the thread, and he might have posted something that crossed the line (in admin's opinion). Not sure why he would have been singled out since none of us were mincing words.

This is pure speculation though. His last post was on 10/29 (the day the thread was closed), but his profile shows his last "activity" was on 10/31. I don't know if you can still be "active" after you've been banned?

FWIW, I'm sure he's out there enjoying his custom-ordered Porsche convertible, with the top down...making jaws and panties drop.

Comment

He does not appear to be "banned"

You can see his icon (when I was banned it was greyed out with a profile of a person rather than my avitar)
                You can click on it and send a PM if you want

Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                  He does not appear to be "banned"

You can see his icon (when I was banned it was greyed out with a profile of a person rather than my avitar)
                  You can click on it and send a PM if you want
                  I suspect it's just a temporary ban or "time-out"...or he's just messing with us.

I sent him a test PM, and this is the message that popped up:

Aidokea has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Comment

• Levithane
                    Levithane commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looked at his profile and he had the crispy "banned" title under his photo though.

• Iowa #1603
                    Iowa #1603 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A user can change that line to anything they wish

I attempted to PM Aidokea a few days ago and also received the following message.

“Aidokea has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.”

Attempted to “like” Aidokea's post and received the following error message.

"You cannot give reputation to this user"

not.in.MY.town, just saw your post, sorry for duplicating...
                  Last edited by BTDT2; 11-07-2019, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

I suspect it's just a temporary ban or "time-out"...or he's just messing with us.

I sent him a test PM, and this is the message that popped up:
                    Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post
                    I attempted to PM Aidokea a few days ago and also received the following message.

“Aidokea has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.”

Attempted to “like” Aidokea's post and received the following error message.

"You cannot give reputation to this user"

not.in.MY.town, just saw your post, sorry for duplicating...
                    Those are not ban messages. It will tell you they are banned.

I have been there done that

Comment

Here is what a banned profile looks like

https://forum.officer.com/member/37849-bearcat357

Comment

I miss bearcat.

Comment

I put "banned" on mine just for ****s and giggles. Bayside was the only one that sent a PM asking if I was or not. Just recently changed it and discovered it won't let you put "Admin" on it. If you do it puts little stars up there.

​​​​​​

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
                            not.in.MY.town commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I noticed it, but you kept posting, so figured you were just screwing around.

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Those are not ban messages. It will tell you they are banned.

I have been there done that
                          Out of curiosity I tried to send Bearcat357 a test PM...and the exact same message popped up. It doesn't say anything about him being "banned". Try it yourself.

I think there might be multiple types of bans.

1) The permanent ones that wipe out your avatar, profile info and everything you've ever posted. That happened to IAmRand, Peanutbutter and others.

2) "Permanent" bans that keep your posts and CAN be reversed by admin at any point if they so choose. Sounds like that happened to you. Bearcat also seems to fall into that category.

3) Temporary time-outs that will retain stuff, but keep you from participating for X amount of time. This might be the case for Aidokea, but who knows.
                          Last edited by not.in.MY.town; 11-08-2019, 05:42 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12683 users online. 496 members and 12187 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X