300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sticky for people getting ready for the academy

i looked, maybe just not hard enough, but could we get a sticky posted somewhere with advice for slimming down or bulking up for individuals that are going to start an academy or have dreams of being a police officer, just a write up or something? different tips from different officers?

thanks!
    dubbed code name: Alien #69

Originally posted by 99 Fenix View Post
    i looked, maybe just not hard enough, but could we get a sticky posted somewhere with advice for slimming down or bulking up for individuals that are going to start an academy or have dreams of being a police officer, just a write up or something? different tips from different officers?
    I think there is plenty of that kind of advice around, everywhere from Men's Health magazine to our own Health and Fitness forum section. In fact, I think you're the first person that's ever asked about this. It doesn't matter whether you're getting ready for the police academy or the spring prom, getting into good shape stays more or less the same.
    Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

How about a sticky/FAQ for the Hiring & Recruitment forum, such as:

Q: Will the meth I used last night and the quaaludes to bring me back down prevent me from being an officer?

A: It depends on the agency. Some may find this a good quality since you can relate with people when doing drug investigations.

Just a suggestion.

Comment

I am not trying to be a smart alec or anything, but why not just use the search feature? Stickys are nice, but once you start them they get out of control rapidly if left unattended.

When searching a thread remember to use:

Correct spelling - if I do a search of the word "investigater" I get one thread. If I do "investigator" I get hundreds.

Be specific enough to get back results on what you want but not so specific that it doesn't return anything

Don't forget that search has an advanced feature where you can search by: Key word, user name, date range, specific number of responses, and you can display results as either whole threads or individual posts. You can even control which forum sections you wish to search.

Okay my two cents are over. I hop I didn't overstep my bounds as a poster.
        R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
        I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

no smart assery taken. i know there is alot of this stuff already, but thats just it, theres A LOT of this stuff posted, for me, i understand, i was just asking for other people who don't know, just trying to get the basic part down, butyour right, there a lot already. as for stickies getting under control, have a mod lock in when needed and it won't. i was just saying guys, not for my gain, but for other people less edjucated on the internet, etc. thanks all

Comment

One of the things on my "to do" list is to expand the FAQ section considerably, and to add "a few things you should know before your first post" message to the welcome message everyone gets when their forum account is approved. I see the same questions being asked over and over again, and the forum members get a little surly about answering them. I think we'll always have that problem, though. People see their particular problem as being unique, or they're hoping that the information has changed in the two weeks since that last response was posted. They're hoping that the world has had a huge change of heart about meth use among police applicants since the first of the month.
            Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Hey thats fine with me Tim, like i said, it was just a suggestion...good thing i don't do drugs and if i can help with this in any way, please let me know

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4563 users online. 274 members and 4289 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X