300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice job Tim...

I noticed that there is new feature on officer.com. *applauses* I like the multiple quote feature. Keep up the stupendous work Tim!!!
    R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
    I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Originally posted by katzeyze View Post
    I noticed that there is new feature on officer.com. *applauses* I like the multiple quote feature. Keep up the stupendous work Tim!!!
    The forum software upgrade was supposed to have happened on April 16, but there was an incident that day (you might have read about it) that kind of took up everyone's free time. Then there was another false start this week, and the techs had to make some tweaks to get the templates in place to play nice with the new version. Now it's up and running, and everything seems to be working fine.

I saw this version working on another forum I visit, and I thought the multiple quotes feature was pretty cool, too. There are also some management tools that make things marginally easier for the forum admin, and little widgets here and there that people will discover as they go along.

We had the problem with the reconstruction of the profanity filter database (this was addressed in another thread), but I think that's been corrected.

That said, everyone can look forward to more stringent enforcement of the use of pottymouth words on the forum. The use of odd characters to get around the filters (! @ # and $ seem to be the most popular) is going to get you the boot as fast as using the unedited word itself. There are at least half a million words in the dictionary, and we're asking that you not use about eight of them. If you wouldn't say it in church, don't say it here. If you have to ask if a word is prohibited, save us all some time and use another word. Versatile as these words may be, there are substitutes that sound much more professional and mature.

I told a war story on the forum a few weeks back, with several instances of {expletive} inserted. No one was in doubt as to what was actually spoken.
    Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5805 users online. 306 members and 5499 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X