• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Officer or SWAT forum?

Would like to see one.

Originally posted by kcr
    Would like to see one.
    Is there some reason that the existing forum sections don't serve your needs? Can you demonstrate that there would be enough traffic to support a new section? Keep in mind that you are suggesting a forum for information that many tactical officers would like to keep confidential.
    Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

In discussing specialized training, equipment, and even tactics; there isn't a whole lot that is so confidential it couldn't be discussed on these boards.

Comment

At the risk of promoting another website NTOA has forums that I am sure are very secure

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Dees
          Is there some reason that the existing forum sections don't serve your needs? Can you demonstrate that there would be enough traffic to support a new section? Keep in mind that you are suggesting a forum for information that many tactical officers would like to keep confidential.

I would have to agree.

I'm sure there are plenty of places on the internet to search for certain information.

However, I think until there becomes a time to 100% absolutely restrict users from viewing and accessing threads, let alone posting in certain areas, unless they are sworn officers, we should be careful on whats available on the site.

I already have mixed feelings on certain information that can be easily found in certain forums and sections (like the squad room, traffic enforcement, and officer safety for example).

The information found has been extrememly useful, helpful, interesting, and eye opening.
          I can accept, AND APPRECIATE, that a lot of information is available online.
          However, I just wish that it wasn't so readily available to 'everyone'.
          Last edited by MRRBEST; 04-22-2007, 01:20 AM.
          The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

Tim is correct.

Because it may be available elsewhere does not mean this forum should contribute to something that is basically wrong.

A juvenile gang banger can buy ballistic vests on Ebay.... but that doesn't make it right.

This forum does a better job of maintaining proper conduct and following acceptable protocol than any I've seen.
            Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
            Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Dees
              Keep in mind that you are suggesting a forum for information that many tactical officers would like to keep confidential.
              Isn't there one now? Isn't there an officer's only section now? It's filled with trolls, but people still go running off at the mouth in there. I thought that there was some kind of verification process. Why else would it take over a month for me to be able to use my account?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave5404
                Isn't there one now? Isn't there an officer's only section now? It's filled with trolls, but people still go running off at the mouth in there. I thought that there was some kind of verification process. Why else would it take over a month for me to be able to use my account?
                "The Squad Room" is viewable by anyone, and anyone can post there, although only sworn officers are supposed to.

The typical turnaround time for access approval is less than a week. The delay is because there's only one person available to review applications, and every one is reviewed by that person. Those claiming sworn police officer status who don't provide their agency affiliation and job title in the application are asked for more information. They can lie of course, but then there's a record of them claiming to be cops.

Because the screening process is anything but foolproof, and because anyone can view the information posted in the forums, no confidential information should appear here.
                Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3853 users online. 206 members and 3647 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X