Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change screen name?

I'm not "soon2be" any longer. I am now.

Is there a way to change my screen name, or must I start a new account?

thanks!

Originally posted by Soon2Be

thanks!
    You'll need to start a new account. We will occasionally change a screen name, but only when there is a compelling reason to do so, such as when a forum member has been identified by their employer (usually through something they said themselves) and they are being targeted for something they said. This is why we caution people not to say anything that identifies them, not to use a screen name that is similar to their real name (when we have some clue as to what their real name is), and not to identify another member if they happen to know the other member's identity.

The most common reason for wanting to change a screen name is when the user thinks up a new screen name that is much cooler than the one they chose at the outset. Thus, they want to change from "CoolScreenName" to "EvenCoolerScreenName." With 20-30 new forum applications and 5-6 bad post reports a day to handle, we don't have the time to respond to this kind of thing.

The screen name is just that - a name, which doesn't or shouldn't have anything to do with who or what you are. I am frequently amused by screen names like "CrookBlaster" when they are used by police explorers or others whose police exploits are, so far, in their fantasies. So, I wouldn't get too caught up with "Soon2Be." It's really not that big a deal.

If you do decide to create a new account, you need to let us know so that we can delete your old one. You're only allowed to have one, and if we discovered you have two, we'll permanently ban both of them.
    Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Originally posted by Soon2Be

thanks!
      Congradulations!!!! You could always put that under your nick ...
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia

~~ Life's a garden, dig it ~~

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5605 users online. 311 members and 5294 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X