Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah i accidentally overlooked that section, if I would’ve known I wouldn’t of applied and gone to college. & yes it does, unless you’re a corrupt cop smoking dope, if thats why you’re defending a dope smoking loser.

Comment

No one missed the point.

YOU did. Life lesson learned.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Thanks lol

Comment

Originally posted by C02191996 View Post
          Yeah i accidentally overlooked that section, if I would’ve known I wouldn’t of applied and gone to college. & yes it does, unless you’re a corrupt cop smoking dope, if thats why you’re defending a dope smoking loser.
          Come again? Who is defending dope-smoking losers?

Forget the past drug use. Judging by the progression of this thread...you clearly have other issues that will keep you out of LE.

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
            not.in.MY.town commented
            Editing a comment
            C02191996 I was realistic about your chances with San Antonio PD based on the hiring standards you posted. I even agreed with you that the codeine vs cocaine disqualification seems arbitrary. I was encouraging about your chances with other agencies. If you want smoke blown up your rear you've come to the wrong place.

• J2H
            J2H commented
            Editing a comment
            None of us is into the sunshine and rainbows thing... we are realistic, sarcastic a-holes

• Mhefner5
            Mhefner5 commented
            Editing a comment
            No one can “motivate” you. If you don’t meet th me standards then you can’t be hired. The problem is people like you (early 20s) can’t take no for an answer because you think the world owes you something.

• C02191996
            C02191996 commented
            Editing a comment
            No the problem with most people is that they give up too easy, they let people bring them down, they give up, I don’t give up, why am I going to let a person who is no better or different than me sitting in a office TELL ME I’m not suitable to do the job of a police officer? No body is perfect and everyone has their flaws and has made mistakes when they were young. This is a big deal for me because I actually want to earn my title, work my *** off, sweat beed and cry in this academy. I want to push my self and see what I’m made of not just go to a small school read a damn book for 8 months and get my peace officer license, those guys aren’t humble nor is that title earned and respected.

I have been in law enforcement over a decade, just go to the next department. I know guys who are command staff, federal LEO, and so on that have history of DWI's, past drug use, assault charges, domestic violence arrests, but not convictions, and so on (I worked as a background investigator within my department). I had a rough background as a teen and have worked for a highly respected PD and Sheriffs Dept. I am currently a fed LEO with my second fed agency, and I have a security clearance. So.... get some time between your teenage years and apply somewhere else.

Comment

Sure do. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by C02191996 View Post
              Should I move on or should I not give up on it and show them that I want it? Can I appeal an appraled decision ? Or can I contact the chief or someone above the director ?
              An appeal is not begging for another chance. Things like "But this is my dream job," or "But, I really, really, really want the job," are meaningless (and laughable).

An appeal is a legal process in which you demonstrate that either:

1. You did not commit the disqualifying act you are accused of, or

2. You did commit the disqualifying act, but the criteria for disqualification has no reasonable relationship to the position you are seeking.

If your situation does not fall within either of the above two categories, do not waste your or the department's time.

As a side note, an appeal is complicated and not a do it yourself project, There are issues of timeliness, civil service procedure, etc., and you will require the services of an attorney. If you choose to go this route, move quickly. There are usually just a few days after being notified of disqualification during which one may file an appeal. If you fail to do so within that window, you lose your right to file an appeal forever, no matter how badly you want the job.
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• C02191996
                C02191996 commented
                Editing a comment
                Can I still appeal the final decision? Or and request a hearing from a judge?

• J2H
                J2H commented
                Editing a comment
                Probably wouldn't do any good, but you could

• L-1
                L-1 commented
                Editing a comment
                You can appeal everything,. The question is, do you have legitimate grounds to do so? Go back and read my post. Does your reasons for appeal meet either of the two criteria I listed? If they do, you have a shot. If they don't (and based on what you've posted they do not) you'll just be spinning your wheels and getting nowhere.

Originally posted by C02191996
              Can I still appeal the final decision? Or and request a hearing from a judge?
              Let me save you the trouble. Here's your answer:

Comment

• C02191996
                C02191996 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ha ha good one. Thanks man. I appreciate it. It’s easy for you to say because you’re already in, put yourself in my shoes

Figuratively speaking.* because trust me, I’ve heard the **** talk that come out of these officers mouth about other departments and agencies. And it’s pretty true.

Comment

Apply elsewhere. Your dream agency is always just a chief’s retirement away from being the worst department to work for.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

He won’t listen. He thinks he knows more than all the Real Working Cops on here.
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12139 users online. 436 members and 11703 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X