Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Others BANNED on FIRST Offense - Color

O.com admins et al,

I look often at the Ask A Cop forum. Now the notice you have at the top of the forum, "All Others BANNED on FIRST Offense" is a bit hard to tell and here is why. I think the yellow on the white do not contrast at all very well; it is almost best to say, the words are camouflaged. Maybe something in blue or red and make the font bigger by a point size or two.

Secondly, when I read, "All Others BANNED on FIRST Offense" I can not help but to ask, if I was a Joe Q. Public reader, and I am reading this, the first thing I am going to ask is, banned for what? Obviously, I've been on this website for a bit so, we all know Joe Q. Public isn't supposed to respond forum questions.

So something like this:

All Others BANNED on FIRST Offense
    Non-LEOs should not respond to questions asked in the forum

Where the text, "All Others BANNED on FIRST Offense" would be in blue or so and the below text would be in black.

Just a thought.

Actually, the entire warning on top of the Ask A Cop forum is "These Are Private Forums for Law Enforcement. We Reserve the Right to Remove Non-LEO Members, Anti-LE or Inappropriate Posts and Users Without Warning.

ONLY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS CAN *REPLY* TO POSTS IN 'ASK A COP'

All Others BANNED on FIRST Offense"

You can find this if you hold and drag your mouse over the top of the screen to highlight. Once upon a time, the background colors of the forum were a different, darker color. The change in background color was supposed to be a mistake, but was never corrected. This was mentioned when it happened and Tim told us that he passed it along to the tech support...apparently, they forgot.
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh
      Actually, the entire warning on top of the Ask A Cop forum is "These Are Private Forums for Law Enforcement. We Reserve the Right to Remove Non-LEO Members, Anti-LE or Inappropriate Posts and Users Without Warning.

ONLY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS CAN *REPLY* TO POSTS IN 'ASK A COP'

All Others BANNED on FIRST Offense"

You can find this if you hold and drag your mouse over the top of the screen to highlight. Once upon a time, the background colors of the forum were a different, darker color. The change in background color was supposed to be a mistake, but was never corrected. This was mentioned when it happened and Tim told us that he passed it along to the tech support...apparently, they forgot.

move your mouse over it, it like typing in white

Like this, if you move the mouse over it and click it you would be able to read it

Comment

Fixed it. Mom would be so proud.
        Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Thanks. It looks great.

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5918 users online. 333 members and 5585 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X