300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GH Armor Systems

Hi all I am new to this forum, and am just about to start my third week of Academy in NJ. I have been lucky enough to be offered a position within a department upon graduation but would need to supply my own body armor. Luckily enough I have a friend who is a LEO give me one of his old GH Armor Systems vest "CONCEALABLE CARRIER" with type (NIJ 2005 INTERIM REQ) IIIA Plate. The date of manufacture is 11/2009. Thoughts on if I should or should not get new plates, and opinions on what/where I should get them. Although I know this can be life saving, my money is very tight right now and all opinions are welcome.

Model:UG3AXLTGF
    SIZE:LRR

You need to check the expiration date on them, but almost all kevlar is going to have some type of 5 year life span. The effectiveness of a vest past that age can be arguable against different calibers, but I do not have the knowledge personally to speak on that specifically.

I don't know anyone that has gone through them personally, but look into Armor of God (vestforlife.com) and see if they can help you out. They don't issue new vests, but given 8 + years since the manufacture date for yours, maybe you would fall into the category of someone they can help.
    Last edited by AppState; 02-16-2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

For Christ sake! This is a piece of gear that will SAVE YOUR LIFE! Spend some ****ing money! Buy a set from a REPUTABLE manufacturer, not some cheap crap. Don't ever use some repurposed hand me downs either.

I cannot believe how cheap "professionals" are...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        For Christ sake! This is a piece of gear that will SAVE YOUR LIFE! Spend some ****ing money! Buy a set from a REPUTABLE manufacturer, not some cheap crap. Don't ever use some repurposed hand me downs either.

I cannot believe how cheap "professionals" are...
        GH is a reputable manufacturer. Right now it has the Illinois State Police contract. We buy ours off that contract since our supplier is in Rock Island
        My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

I'll stand by my statement. Lots of crap out there.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10669 users online. 482 members and 10187 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X