300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some advice

I am looking to start a career in law enforcement someday and have one general question. Is there anywhere near Tulsa, OK-or anywhere at all for this matter-that I should be particularly interested in that pays well and has been known as a good department to look into? any suggestions are always appreciated!! thankyou!
    It is better to have fallen in love and lost it than to never have fallen in love before

There's a lot of good P.D.s big 7 small in SoCal. & the Southwest. From what I see here many Midwest PD.s don't pay very well so it seems you're kinda stuck...Sorry

Comment

well yeah, I think it goes along with the price of living. I was telling the b/f about oklahoma city-I heard from someone else-and he mentioned that the price of living is probably higher there so the pay needs to account for that also. thanks for the advice though, I'll definately keep those places in mind!
      It is better to have fallen in love and lost it than to never have fallen in love before

Comment

Hey newbie girl I dont know if you got my PM or not but in case you didnt Broken Arrow has the best pay in the state from what I understand. Oklahoma City PD has good pay as well, as for the cost of living it isnt that high at all. As a recruit your salary is $32,113 and upon graduation $36,414. After probation $39,218 After each subsequent year of graduation pay tops at $44,820. SGT. tops at $56,367. These are for OCPD. Moore has better pay, but not as well as Broken Arrow. Hope this helps. I just moved to OK from CA and just laughed at how dirt cheap the cost of living is here. Sold 4 acres in CA for $1.5 million and bought over 6 acres here for $117,000. It is rel affordable here in Ok. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Comment

thanks for the advice. I will definately keep these in mind

Comment

You will probably have a better response to this thread if you put it in a more appropriate forum. This is the technical help forum.
            Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6542 users online. 364 members and 6178 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X