X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO535
    replied
    Originally posted by trooperden
    How is it that any cadet has time to play on a computer, let me know where these academies are so staff can set you folks straight. Sounds to me like you got it pretty easy
    Yeah, I bet nobody wondered why I didn't post for four months.

Leave a comment:

• VAsteve20
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim Dees
    Is there some reason that you can't just post in the Rookie's Corner? It's not like there's a huge amount of traffic there.
    absolutly...
    the main reason being i am not a sworn officer... most recruits are not sworn in, and it clearly states "SWORN PERSONNEL ONLY" under the forum heading.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Dees
    replied
    Is there some reason that you can't just post in the Rookie's Corner? It's not like there's a huge amount of traffic there.

Leave a comment:

• oSutrooper
    replied
    So how about o.com, can we have our wish?

Leave a comment:

• WCJC 30339
    replied
    Halfway thru my 24 week academy here in Florida- I would definitely love to see an "in the academy...." section as well.

After 5 tests, I have a 98 average. I dont know if Im allowed to post what we are tested on. Just can say that we have covered a range of topics such as constitutional law, mental illnesses, dealing with the elderly, mentally retarded and gangs, report writing, note taking, taking statements, community policing...etc.. the list goes on. In addition, we have written tests on all high-liabilities such as firearms, first aid, vehicle operations, etc.... as Im sure you all have had.

Well, thats my two cents. Best of luck to everyone and keep us posted...JC

Leave a comment:

• pkagel
    replied
    Now, doesn't VA have state standards that all peace officers are tested on? If so, here is a good link for you to study from. Remember what I told you about my notes and to set them up for yourself before you take each class. That way, when you study it will be a simple review so you 10 minutes would be fine. We're all rooting for you here on O.com. Here is the link I spoke of.
    http://www.dcjs.virginia.gov/standar...Level=5&mID=11

Leave a comment:

• VAsteve20
    replied
    first exam was on everything covered over the past to weeks...
    everything basically...
    i wish i could go into detail, however it was stressed to us that we shouldnt give out any info based on the curriculum... but we had about 8 different subjects and some city code stuff... it was tough. not to mention i have to admit, i didnt see the test coming and didnt study but for maybe 10minutes. im not 100% proud of my score, but then again im not a fan of a scantron based grading system. im ranked 20th. but when our latest practical scores are added, ill make up some ground with ease...

Leave a comment:

• pkagel
    replied
    Any notes you guys make I would love to get copies of in word or excell format.

So, what was your 1st exam on and how did you rank?

Leave a comment:

• VAsteve20
    replied
    Originally posted by trooperden
    How is it that any cadet has time to play on a computer, let me know where these academies are so staff can set you folks straight. Sounds to me like you got it pretty easy
    lol well...
    we have it pretty tough, especially right now(we have a couple of folks that made it in that should not have, so we are paying for their incompetence) during PT. The academics is tough, but for some reason its very interesting and im taking in the class room info really well... i managed a great score on the first exam.

Leave a comment:

• JustDontDie
    Guest replied
    I'm for this.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Dees
    replied
    Let me see what I can do. If we do create a new section for academy students, it will probably be a subsection of "Rookie's Corner."

Leave a comment:

• pkagel
    replied
    Well, their are weekends and the time before they class up where they might want to ask questions.

Leave a comment:

• trooperden
    replied
    at the academy

Leave a comment:

• letshearit4blue
    replied
    I'm an explorer, and I think its a great idea to have a more organized section like this where all the "academy stories" can all be grouped together.

Leave a comment:

• I8A4RE LDYCOP2B
    replied
    This is a great idea!! I want to know more about other police academies and what goes on there.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4165 users online. 244 members and 3921 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X