300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An "In the Academy forum"

i was thinking about it the other night...
    a few members and myself going through various academies across the nation would like to post our academy experiences to help those who may question a career in LE...
    however, we have no "right" forum to post them in.
    maybe adding a section dedicated for those of us going through the academy?

I'd second that motion. Just completed my 1st week in the academy.
    Started POST Sept. 6, 2005

Comment

I'll third that idea lol, a great way for those who want to know what is going on in those academy

Comment

Well, how about it O.com, this would seem to be a great forum for all those questions that get lost among the other forums.
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I agree, this would be a great addition to the message boards!
          Be a leader, not a follower

Comment

This is a great idea!! I want to know more about other police academies and what goes on there.

Comment

I'm an explorer, and I think its a great idea to have a more organized section like this where all the "academy stories" can all be grouped together.
              Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

at the academy

How is it that any cadet has time to play on a computer, let me know where these academies are so staff can set you folks straight. Sounds to me like you got it pretty easy

Comment

Well, their are weekends and the time before they class up where they might want to ask questions.
                  "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Let me see what I can do. If we do create a new section for academy students, it will probably be a subsection of "Rookie's Corner."
                    Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

I'm for this.

Comment

Originally posted by trooperden
                        How is it that any cadet has time to play on a computer, let me know where these academies are so staff can set you folks straight. Sounds to me like you got it pretty easy
                        lol well...
                        we have it pretty tough, especially right now(we have a couple of folks that made it in that should not have, so we are paying for their incompetence) during PT. The academics is tough, but for some reason its very interesting and im taking in the class room info really well... i managed a great score on the first exam.

Comment

Any notes you guys make I would love to get copies of in word or excell format.

So, what was your 1st exam on and how did you rank?

Comment

first exam was on everything covered over the past to weeks...
                            everything basically...
                            i wish i could go into detail, however it was stressed to us that we shouldnt give out any info based on the curriculum... but we had about 8 different subjects and some city code stuff... it was tough. not to mention i have to admit, i didnt see the test coming and didnt study but for maybe 10minutes. im not 100% proud of my score, but then again im not a fan of a scantron based grading system. im ranked 20th. but when our latest practical scores are added, ill make up some ground with ease...

Comment

Now, doesn't VA have state standards that all peace officers are tested on? If so, here is a good link for you to study from. Remember what I told you about my notes and to set them up for yourself before you take each class. That way, when you study it will be a simple review so you 10 minutes would be fine. We're all rooting for you here on O.com. Here is the link I spoke of.
                              http://www.dcjs.virginia.gov/standar...Level=5&mID=11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6305 users online. 338 members and 5967 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X