300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to post a link in signature line

How do I make an website address an link in my signature?
    I have had sucess with posting links in threads, just not for my sig
    stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

The difference is that when you type in an internet address starting with www. - the site automatically wraps it with [ URL ] tags.

To get a link in your sig or anywhere else, you can do it manually and make the link say whatever you want it to by following these directions:

Click on the little icon that looks like Earth with the chain-link in front of it.
    If you hold your cursor over it, a box will appear that says 'Insert Hyperlink.'

In the window that opens, you are going to type what you want to show in your sig... ie: 'My Home Page'

When you hit enter, type in the entire internet address of the website you want that link to take people to in the next box. Hit enter again, and you're done.

If you 'Preview' your sig, it will show up in the box, and you can click on it there to make sure it brings people to the page you intended before you Save it.

It will look like this...
    COOL SITE

Comment

thank you for the very detailed help, I will try it when my computer is not DUMB! anyone have a shotgun I can borrow???? I can't click on the little world with the chain link fence......same as with the little faces to the right....it just makes my page jump to the top......

chat room

Comment

Originally posted by Isla_
        thank you for the very detailed help, I will try it when my computer is not DUMB! anyone have a shotgun I can borrow???? I can't click on the little world with the chain link fence......same as with the little faces to the right....it just makes my page jump to the top......
        K - then just put the code tags in by hand..

Like this: (NO SPACES THOUGH! I used spaces so you could see what it will look like...)

[ URL=http://www.officer.com]COOL SITE[ / URL ]

Do it just like i show above with NO SPACES. Add in your own web address - like i've shown in blue And in purple how you want it to appear.

Comment

Here.. if it's for your chat room.. it will look like this.. just take out the *'s and copy it into your sig.

If you want 'CHAT ROOM!!' to say something diff - just change it

[*URL=http://www.roxanne-moses.com/ ]CHAT ROOM!![/URL*]

Comment

wooohooo!! the biggest thank you to you LovnTheFuzz!!! I appreciate your help so much.....I feel less like a dork and more like a nerd now lol (computer nerd)

chat room

Comment

Originally posted by Isla_
              wooohooo!! the biggest thank you to you LovnTheFuzz!!! I appreciate your help so much.....I feel less like a dork and more like a nerd now lol (computer nerd)
              No problem! I see that it worked for you Be proud of your nerdiness now..

Comment

Fuzz, you give good advice-I did my first link and it worked, since I read your posts...

Comment

Originally posted by lt93lover
                  Fuzz, you give good advice-I did my first link and it worked, since I read your posts...

I'm glad you also found it useful

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4903 users online. 247 members and 4656 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X