Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allowed to offer e-book on Police Interviews?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allowed to offer e-book on Police Interviews?

I wanted to post my question here, since I am new to Officer.com forums. I have been a LEO for the past 15 years and sit on police oral boards and promotional boards as well.

One thing I have found while sitting on police officer oral boards is that candidates could better prepare themselves. To stand out over the competition.

Two years ago, I wrote a 15 page "e-book" that was sold on Ebay on surviving the police oral board. It sold pretty well and I got very positive feedback from it. However, I never really thought about the target audience. The serious applicant looking for a career in law enforcement vs. you don't know who's on Ebay.

Over the past couple weeks, the e-book has grown to 21 pages of information ranging from preparing for the interview, to what to wear, how to present yourself and how to respond and close. I've always kept it under $5 as I wasn't looking to publish or get rich, simply enjoyed putting it together and helping serious applicants.

Last week, I sat on some oral boards and one of the candidates mentioned their research involved being a part of the Officer.com forums looking for information on taking the oral boards. I'd like to post it on the forums here, but I don't know if that is ok or against the rules. If it's not allowed to be posted, do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you,
    McP

Would the trading post section work for you????
    Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well you're not spamming since you're not trying to sell it, correct? Post it in parts, I'm curious as to what you wrote.
      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
        Well you're not spamming since you're not trying to sell it, correct? Post it in parts, I'm curious as to what you wrote.
        I do charge $4.99 for it, only because of the cost of Adobe Acrobat, which is what I wrote it in. As far as spamming, no.... I've never tried to offer it outside of eBay and it was sitting on my hard drive for about a year, so I took my data that I had been collecting and updated it.

I originally started it as a promotional assessment center type of guide, which was going to be offered free to LEOs. It manifested itself to be more towards a applicant going to oral boards.

I did look at the Trading Post forums and it appears to be where it would best be suited. I must of missed that earlier, but I still wanted to check here first.

Is the Trading Post a public forum, since the e-Book is more geared towards applicants looking to get hired.
        Last edited by McPhenius; 08-01-2005, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Sorry but anything that is FOR SALE (i.e. costs more than a penny and/or is for-profit) may not be posted in the forums.
          sigpic
          The Web's Source for Law Enforcement
          PM for Technical Support or visit our contact page.

Comment

Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
            Sorry but anything that is FOR SALE (i.e. costs more than a penny and/or is for-profit) may not be posted in the forums.
            Thanks for the response. Now I know....

Does that include the Trading area of the forums as well and what about simply posting a link to a website for more information, similar to patch collectors or custom Road Champs makers do?

Comment

You cannot link to, promote, or mention any site that solicits the users of Officer.com to make a purchase in any regard.
              sigpic
              The Web's Source for Law Enforcement
              PM for Technical Support or visit our contact page.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3431 users online. 217 members and 3214 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X