This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flexibility in "Ask a Cop" Rules?

I'm writing to see if there can be some flexability in the "Ask a Cop" rules regarding posts by civlians. I have no qualms at all with only sworn officers answering questions but what if somebody other than the original thread poster has a question related to the topic at hand? It seems to make more sense to post in that thread rather than start a brand new one.

Just an idea.
    Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Originally posted by Welpe
    I'm writing to see if there can be some flexability in the "Ask a Cop" rules regarding posts by civlians. I have no qualms at all with only sworn officers answering questions but what if somebody other than the original thread poster has a question related to the topic at hand? It seems to make more sense to post in that thread rather than start a brand new one.

Just an idea.

I totally agree with you on this one. I know I am new to this so I really don't know the who issue. And that is none of my business, but it would cut down the post in the general thread if we could do this. NOW IF IT GETS OUT OF HAND THEN YES, STEP IN.

Comment

The Flexibility is already there...

IMO the problem is not with civs asking questions, heck that's what it is for. The only "problem" is when a civ answers a question that is intended for a cop.

I would have no problem seeing different questions on one thread as long as it wasn't too far off topic.
      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

But what if that person posted a big long opinion and then tagged a question to the end just to make it legit? Kind of screws with everyone, huh?

Comment

Yes, someone ASKING for clarification or a new question related to the original question is OK, HOWEVER someone who is not in LE answering the question is more the issue.
          sigpic
          The Web's Source for Law Enforcement
          PM for Technical Support or visit our contact page.

Comment

Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
            Yes, someone ASKING for clarification or a new question related to the original question is OK, HOWEVER someone who is not in LE answering the question is more the issue.
            Hey, that's what I said. When are you O.com folks gonna put me on the payroll?
            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

So as I did this morning, when Bodie asked about Ending Officer Alcohol Abuse, The proper thing for me to have done as a non LEO was to re-post over in the general section?????
              This is fine with me because Bodie may of only wanted answers from people that claimed to be Leo
              Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by savage4presiden
                But what if that person posted a big long opinion and then tagged a question to the end just to make it legit? Kind of screws with everyone, huh?
                sshhhhhhhhh
                Straight Up

Comment

[QUOTE=Straight Up]So as I did this morning, when Bodie asked about Ending Officer Alcohol Abuse, The proper thing for me to have done as a non LEO was to re-post over in the general section?????
                  This is fine with me because Bodie may of only wanted answers from people that claimed to be Leo

Comment

Not Guilty not me
                    Straight Up

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4606 users online. 241 members and 4365 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X