300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does one get "verified" in here?

Trying to be helpful, I noticed pretty frequently non LEO will start discussions in the "Ask a cop" folder and answer questions, which are against the TOS and rules for the "Ask a cop" folder.

I was trying to help steer someone to the link or FAQ on how to become "verified" as a LEO because I swear I thought I saw a link or sticky about it, but I don't find either now and may be remembering the other forum.

I remember something to the effect it involved sending in a form from the site privately, and verification was done off line via phone or something.

I might have missed the obvious, but if not, maybe a sticky about the procedure would be good.

There is no verification process here. Many folks here are also on a competing website who's Real name Police is Net allowed to be mentioned here. They have a verification process. If you are verified there, we know you are good here.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
      There is no verification process here. Many folks here are also on a competing website who's Real name Police is Not allowed to be mentioned here. They have a verification process. If you are verified there, we know you are good here.
      Ahh Ok, then I must have seen that on the other forum, I'm still a member there (not actively posting there any more) but it became so dead there I came here after an invite by a member of both forums, this is definitely the better place to be.

I'll pass the information along for what it's worth to the fellow, thanks for responding L-1

Comment

Originally posted by Sculptor View Post
        Trying to be helpful, I noticed pretty frequently non LEO will start discussions in the "Ask a cop" folder and answer questions, which are against the TOS and rules for the "Ask a cop" folder.

I was trying to help steer someone to the link or FAQ on how to become "verified" as a LEO because I swear I thought I saw a link or sticky about it, but I don't find either now and may be remembering the other forum.

I remember something to the effect it involved sending in a form from the site privately, and verification was done off line via phone or something.

I might have missed the obvious, but if not, maybe a sticky about the procedure would be good.
        There is no verification.................what was on there about the "verified" section is NOT on the forum but in another section of the page which NONE OF US USE.

Actually we are on our honor here...............those of us who ARE cops can usually ferret out those who are not. A lot of us know each other from other forums and thus informally verify each other.

As L-1 stated MANY of us are actually verified on other sites.............
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Here is the sticky you were talking about

http://forums.officer.com/t131619/
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

If you're looking for something a little different, try http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Very easy to tell who walks the walk and who just talks the talk

Comment

By the way I'm not verified. Anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                  Looks at him with a side glance....................."I always wondered about that guy "

Comment

Well... He IS New Yawk...
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                      Well... He IS New Yawk...
                      fuhgeddaboudit
                      I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Send $100, cash only to me and I will verify you.
                        September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
                          I'll take a check or money order

Comment

The check is in the mail.sorry no cash

Comment

Not verified, but certifiable, yes?

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                              I'll take a check or money order
                              The check is in the mail.sorry no cash
                              I'll do it for $50, and no need to mail the check. You can transfer the $$ to my EBT card, but first I'll need your full name, SSN, bank account number, Social Security number, shirt size, shoe size and whether you prefer tighty whities or boxers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6001 users online. 353 members and 5648 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X