300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignoring an entire thread?

Someone made an inquiry about this almost four years ago, but the actual reply was sent by PM. There's one thread (actually its subject line) that I'd prefer not to see popping up when I check New Posts.

If putting the member who started the thread on Ignore would work, I'd consider doing that, but it's really about the content rather than the person.
    I'm not suggesting that the thread should disappear; I just want it out of my view.
    --
    Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

C'mon, don't you want to read us any more?? hehe just kidding!

I don't think there is a way to do ignore a thread with this software, just the individual authors, there might be a way to do it with Firefox and an element blocking plugin which I use, it allows you to select individual elements on any web site and permanently block them so they vanish, that includes stupid pictures, huge images in signatures and so forth. It might be a bit tricky to initially set the correct block but once done it's done.

There is a way to set the age cutoff shown by default, if set it can be set to only show posts from the last 2 days, a week, month, year etc etc the thread you dont wish to see would no longer be visible unless someone posts to it, if they do it will show to you untill that age cut-off you set.
    Last edited by Sculptor; 09-14-2014, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Yeah, it goes away and then shows back up in the list of new posts every time someone replies to it. I read about some Vbulletin "hack" for Ignoring a thread, but I believe Admin would have to set that up.

Eventually the thread will probably die off, and that'll solve it. All things considered, it's "little stuff," but just one more thing contributing to my present case of fecal vision*.
      Thanks.

*S____y outlook
      --

Comment

What thread are you referring to?
        I ride a Harley, brew my own beer and work for this website.
        Cheers

Comment

Hi, JD. I believe it has 'faded out." If not, I think I'm now able to file it under "Little Stuff."
          Thanks.
          --

Comment

Originally posted by RR_Security View Post
            Hi, JD. I believe it has 'faded out." If not, I think I'm now able to file it under "Little Stuff."
            Thanks.
            Great. If the problem persists feel free to post here or send me a direct message. I am trying to assist on all forums issues but am not always to attend to them immediately. A direct message will help me address problems more quickly. Also if the issue is global to all users I will be sure to post a resolution in the help section so all can reference.
            I ride a Harley, brew my own beer and work for this website.
            Cheers

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4220 users online. 225 members and 3995 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X