300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account Deletion

Hello, I was wondering if a moderator could delete my account, as I rarely get on anymore. I have emailed support several times but never received a reply. I also constantly get subscription emails even though I unsubscribed. Thank You

Greetings, there are a couple things you can do to basically accomplish what you would like done without the need to talk to an admin.

There are several different newsletter mailing list subscriptions which Officer.com has. To edit your subscription preferences, find the "Menu" link located at the top-right of the website. Once you click that a drop-down menu will appear. Find the "MANAGE NEWSLETTER PREFERENCES" link and click that. From there you can select "No" for all of the various newsletters, which should unsubscribe you from everything they send out. I have done so and have not gotten an e-mail since.

Now, per the CAN-SPAM Act, any company within the United States is suppose to unsubscribe any person from mailing lists upon request, be if through a setting or when requested via e-mail. They must also provide users with working unsubscribe link within the newsletter. By law Cygnus HAS to do it. If you are CERTAIN that you have unsubscribed from all of their mailing lists and your request sent via e-mail went through but was not honored and they are still sending you mailings, you can report Cygnus to the Federal Trade Commission should you so desire.

Another thing you can do is change your e-mail address to a dead or fake one, so even if they don't actually unsubscribe you, the e-mails will go nowhere. To change your e-mail address click on that "Menu" link at the top right again, then click on your name under the "User" section. On the right side of the resulting page you can click another click to change your e-mail, and you are all set. Keep in mind that should you do this, and forget the password to your account, you will not be able to recover it.

Hope it helps!
    Last edited by Gradient Shift; 08-29-2014, 08:32 PM. Reason: Proof read after the fact...
    “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks Gradient Shift.

Comment

JohnDoe12345 Has been deleted.
        I ride a Harley, brew my own beer and work for this website.
        Cheers

Comment

How do i delete my account?

Comment

By not posting.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by randy10845 View Post
              How do i delete my account?
              Go on to a site like "Cop Block" and repost a bunch of garbage here. You'll bet flagged and banned from the site pretty quick.
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Very funny

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5617 users online. 325 members and 5292 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X