300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does The Emperor Have No Clothes?

Like most of your, my profile is set to notify me with an email when a new post is added to any thread I am subscribed to. On July 29, 2014, those notification emails stopped coming. They resumed 26 days later on August 17, 2014, with a barrage of notifications about posts from way back, even before the new post notifications stopped. To this day, I continue to get notifications about messages from weeks if not months ago. In the means time I am getting intermittent notifications about current new posts but, notifications about PMs have stopped.

I haven’t seen anyone else post about this so I’m wondering, is it just me or is everyone experiencing this and not saying anything. Does the emperor have no clothes?

If it helps clarify things, I do this on a real computer and not on my phone. I am using IE 10 and Windows 8
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Same problems...

During the night (8/23/14) I received a deluge of subscription and PM email notifications from July 27th through August 5th.

Update 8/25/14: Still receiving a nightly flood of subscription notifications almost three weeks old (including those from a nuked thread) and a PM several weeks old from a banned member. Consequently I filtered o.com emails to bypass my inbox and go directly to trash until this matter is resolved.
    Last edited by sanitizer; 08-26-2014, 09:34 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Thank you for sharing your issues. I have forwarded these issues onto our development team and will report back once I receive word of a solution or fix on our end.
      I ride a Harley, brew my own beer and work for this website.
      Cheers

Comment

Same, I posted it in a thread here.
        "To hell with a supervisor, men follow a leader" -Texas Ranger Captain Allee

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
        -Sun Tzu

Comment

There has been some improvement. Now I am getting notifications of new posts in threads just 12 days after they are posted instead of three weeks later or more.

Notifications of PMs appear to have been restored. They, too are coming about two weeks late.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Does The Emperor Have No Clothes?

Well I wish our Emperor twaz' a Queenie Sire Lt.,,, then I wud' hope a pray'z she had no clothes..
            Last edited by asullivan; 08-30-2014, 02:54 PM. Reason: sEcret popo stUffy...
            Originally posted by mookster
            Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
            Originally posted by CityCopDC
            I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
            Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
            I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
            -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

I am also receiving repeat notifications from posts that are weeks old (and also old PMs).
              Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

Me too, L-1. Maybe because we have IE. I know many developers these days are biased against IE but I'm not changing.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                  Me too, L-1. Maybe because we have IE. I know many developers these days are biased against IE but I'm not changing.
                  Interesting. With your in depth knowledge of safety and security, I surely never would have pegged you for an IE girl.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3282 users online. 186 members and 3096 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X