300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TapaTalk

Update- You can now use our Forums on Tapatalk.

Apple- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapa...307880732?mt=8
    Android- https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ctivity&hl=en\
    Amazon- http://www.amazon.com/Tapatalk-Inc/dp/B0055ELS7U
    Windows- http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...4-9d3ec7e78d6e
    Windows 8- http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en...6-77e89cecda16
    Blackberry- I believe you have to port an Android version.
    I ride a Harley, brew my own beer and work for this website.
    Cheers

I noticed that tapatalk was available the other day, thanks much for making that available. It's truly appreciated.

Comment

Well, if its gud nuff for Officer tha' mookster, it's gud nuff fer' this old heap...

Whateva' tap-a-talky tiz'..

And it's nice ta' see ya' round Sire JD, your a good man...

Trig',, saddle up'z boy!!!
      Originally posted by mookster
      Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
      Originally posted by CityCopDC
      I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
      Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
      I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
      -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

HELPS!!!!

How do I get'z my Bold Blackberry ta' werk???

I'm a Idiot!!!
        Originally posted by mookster
        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
        Originally posted by CityCopDC
        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Tapatalk no longer works with this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley85 View Post
            Tapatalk no longer works with this forum?
            Nope.
            \

Comment

Integration of Tapatalk has changed. I have our developers looking into resolving this issue.
              I ride a Harley, brew my own beer and work for this website.
              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by JDFranke View Post
                Integration of Tapatalk has changed. I have our developers looking into resolving this issue.
                Thanks.

Comment

Any updates? Or ETA?

Comment

The tapatalk product is a non-vBulletin program set that introduces possibilities of integrity exposures and security deficiencies in vBulletin implementation such that it may in ordinary vBulletin deployment be insufficiently susceptible to adequate containment.

Although tapatalk is a very useful product, it reflects carelessness regarding the needs of a publicly-accessible message board to ensure adherency to terms of service. The carelessness is not necessarily obvious to the majority of its users, but it is fully apprehensible to message board administrators, who are stuck with having to handle untoward consequences.

Given how badly it mishandles some of the discretionary access it demands, tapatalk is far too self-indulgent in its appetite for control. Once allowed its plugin permissions, it lets people bypass vBulletin registration controls, profanity filters, and other mechanisms. Tapatalk demands too much control given how badly it mishandles it.

Even the tapatalk website gives cause for concern regarding its purveyor's attention to detail; for example, from https://www.tapatalk.com/features:

"Tapatalk works with all major open-source and commercial community software including vBulletin, xenForo, phpBB and more. And if you ever decide to change community software, you have peace of mind knowing that Tapatalk will seamless move to a new community software system."

I've read a lot of perfect code that had poorly-written comments -- the acceptable excuse for that is that the machine doesn't respond to the comments, and another real programmer reading the code barely finds the comments useful anyway, and certainly doesn't need them to be well-written. Even so, I have difficulty trusting a software provider which, in materials it presents to the public, uses the adjective "seamless" where the adverb "seamlessly" belongs.

I hope and trust that the tapatalk purveyors will produce a version of their wonderfully useful product that is able to function adequately without requiring that it be allowed to replace functions of message board systems that those systems already adequately provide and which tapatalk mishandles.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3905 users online. 254 members and 3651 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X