300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping private messages saved but adding more space to inbox

Hey does anyone know how to keep your old private messages which I have hit the 150 max without deleting them while addind more space to private message beyond that? Besides copying and pasting every message to a word document on your PC. Any other way to create perhaps an additional folder where you cam continue to receive more messages while saving your original 150? Thanks for any help.
    "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Originally posted by Gradient Shift View Post
    SomeChicagoDude has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

You don't have to delete PM's to make room, you can just create a folder and move the old ones into there for room.
    http://forums.officer.com/t194688/#post3496682
    “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

And since everyone learns better with pictures.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

I suppose it may be possible that you don't know what to do after that point. So...

1. Go back to your Inbox.
        2. Select the messages using the check box on the right side. You can select specific individual messages or messages based on when it was received (today, yesterday, day of week, last week, two weeks ago, etc).
        3. Click the "Selected Messages" button toward the bottom.
        4. Make sure "Move to folder" is selected.
        5. Click "Proceed"

6. Select the folder you want to use via the drop down box.
        7. Click the "Move Items" button.

8. The message are now in whatever folder they were moved to and your inbox is now free to accept more messages.
        Last edited by Gradient Shift; 07-24-2014, 10:34 AM. Reason: Adding red boxes and another screen shot.

Comment

Thanks for all the help man, I didn't even know you and Southpaw tried to PM me like last week. I sent you a reply on the other thread I made about the oral interview with the Police commission. I'm at work right now and only Internet access is from my Android phone so I'll follow your directions on adding an additional folder either when I get home tonight or tomorrow night after work. Hitting the gym tonight to train legs after work. I've never encountered the mailbox full issue before so I had no clue how to fix that since I'm on here from my cell. And sorry I didn't see your original comment until now. If you wanted to send me a PM last week that obviously could not be sent, I'll PM you once I get the chance to clear up more room on my inbox today or tomorrow. Thanks again for the help man.
          "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Scratch that, bad advice, this doesn't work. For whatever reason the first time I did it it told me that I had "0 messages stored of 150 allowed" but now it is adding all folders together as stored. I did it with the new forum theme so maybe it had a hiccup or something.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4306 users online. 246 members and 4060 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X