This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
    Eeeff this....peace out brothers and sisters.....I'll check back in a couple of days and if this isn't back to the way it was I'll see ya on the other side 'cause I won't play with this pile of crap.
    I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

I was actually replying to a post when the change happened. I was in the old format, replying, and when I hit submit post, I was taken back to the forums "home" screen and a banner displayed across the top that said something to the effect of, "welcome to our layout that is viewable on all devices."

With that said...hate it.
      "To hell with a supervisor, men follow a leader" -Texas Ranger Captain Allee

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
      -Sun Tzu

Comment

I'm sure we will here something soon from the top. There is no way it can stay like this.

Comment

It's a bit better this morning (0630 CDT). But it still has a ways to go. As has been mentioned, this is what happens when a programmer has a "better idea of what's cool" and there's no consideration as to whether anyone else things it's an improvement. Having said that, it's back to P1 where it took months to resolve their issues.
          Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
          Among Texas' finest
          Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
          Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
          Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

I understand that vBulletin may push out upgrades that in order to gain functionality, you lose previous formatting. I get that. I also get that a lot of IT folks sitting around at desks will think "they will love the new features when they get used to it - they are just inherently resistant to change." I get that too.

But the bulletin board market is HUGE. vBulletin isn't the only bb out there that can offer the functionality we are used to. phpBB3 is awesome, and provides some mostly seamless migration. I've used both extensively in a previous career - and a few others as well. Well actually then it was phpbb2, but same concept.

As much as I love this site, I won't stay with this format. I get random moments to read/post, and don't have the time it takes to navigate around this clunkiness to find interesting threads to ramble on. I hate that, because I am really going to miss Iowa, Emma, Marge, Phil, and a few others.

I will give it a week to straighten back up, then I will be saying goodbye if it hasn't changed.

Comment

vBB does not force sites to use the mobile style/theme. This isn't a vBB problem, this is an O.com problem.

If they are looking to improve performance, they will get that because the user base and our activity will drop by 50%. While this gets worked out I definitely will not be using the site as a whole as much as I use to and will eventually stop coming here almost altogether.
              “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

I agree with the rest. This new layout is atrocious. Go back to the old style or at least give us the option of viewing it in the old style. With the size of the page currently, I can only see about 2 thread titles on my screen at a time. There's no Like button and my user interface is pretty much worthless now. Add to that the fact that if you're trying to browse individual state boards, you're automatically put at the top of the page upon hitting the back button.
                There once was a man who said: "Though,
                it seems that I know that I know,
                what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
                when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Comment

This is horrible. I can't see who's cool and who isn't because I can't see everyone's join date or post counts! =-O
                  “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

And here I was thinking it was just me locking myself into the 'mobile' version. Glad it's not on my end.

Comment

I used to work in IT so I understand these things happen, however this:

...is not going to fly.
                      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

If anyone noticed, the banner across the top said that as of July 8th, the update is going into effect and says "over the next couple of days".

Relax, take an O vacation and come back in a few days when this cluster fudge is fixed, lol.

Comment

Bring back the "New Posts" button too.
                          My comments are my personal opinion and are based on my life experiences and training. They are not to be construed as legal advice in any form as I am not an attorney. Should you act on any of the information I provide in my comments, you do so at your own risk!!

Comment

Please visit this thread- http://forums.officer.com/t194673/#post3493435
                            I ride a Harley, brew my own beer and work for this website.
                            Cheers

Comment

Thanks for acknowledging the fact that you guys goofed by failing to test and survey the userbase prior to implementation.
                              “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Krell View Post
                                Somebody put the mobile theme on for everybody and forgot to give us the option to turn it off.
                                Tha' only buttOn thingy iz got tiz' da' Trigs butt-hole..

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                                Plus I was looking for the LIKE button to like Slamdunc's and Chief's posts......
                                Ummm Emma, tiz' not a 'button" no mo',,tis a "stick".. wanna' pull on it'z???

Originally posted by cajunguy View Post
                                Well, let me just say that THIS SUCKS!

Put it back the way it was. Thanks.

Ya' heard da' Man !!!

Originally posted by Jacob2899 View Post
                                I like dis.

I like dis.

I like dis.

I really like dis.

This is what happens when you take away the Almighty like button.
                                When I find ya' in this here darkness son, Iz gunna' whip yaz' butt!!!

Where's the LIKE button????? Me thinks Jacob's gonna be a great cop one day.
                                Don't say dat' Emma' sweety!!!! iz been eyEball'in him ta' be a card cheat, drunk, and stage robba'..

Originally posted by PtownVAMike View Post
                                My head hurts now.
                                So do's mine, butt'z I got a gud reason'z!!!!

Originally posted by cajunguy View Post
                                Well if they're trying to weed out long-time members and posters, this should do it.

I DO have better things to do with my time than trying to navigate this Charlie Foxtrot.

I'll check back in a few days to see if it's been fixed. If not - - - oh well.

Sire Officer cajun....10-4 on da' CF, i say we all go code 7, den' hit da' saloon..

Originally posted by SuperSecretNinjaSquirrel View Post
                                Atrocious.

It was fine about... three themes back.

Things that aren't broken shouldn't be fixed.
                                what tiz' dis werd At-ro-ci-ous I ask thee????

I have never seen so many ****ed cops on one subject. If you add the other threads in other forums about the same subject....there's a lot of **** and vinegar....kinda cute actually.

Huhh I dhought all coppaz' twaz' f'uched up'z!! ..Hell I didn't fly inta' town to be a Einstien'z!

Whoever it was they AND there DUMAS boss both need to be fired!!! God this is total f'n CRAP!
                                Sire Detective!!!!!!!!

Gawd LMAO! DITTO! WHERE IS THE FFFFFFFFFFFing LIKE button????????????????????????????????????????

What does admin want???? To make all of US trolls? Correct this crap!
                                I dink it'z time fer' a gud ole revolution I demand'z!!!

Originally posted by Gradient Shift View Post
                                vBB does not force sites to use the mobile style/theme. This isn't a vBB problem, this is an O.com problem.

If they are looking to improve performance, they will get that because the user base and our activity will drop by 50%. While this gets worked out I definitely will not be using the site as a whole as much as I use to and will eventually stop coming here almost altogether.
                                I like dat' thar' name..Gradient Shift..too bad iz don't know if yaz' a cop or not...Me and da' Trig uses "shiftaz'...Time Shiftaz', to jump in and our of time from otha' places otha' times, otha' dimentionz, otha' hay bail'z..

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                                I used to work in IT so I understand these things happen, however this:

...is not going to fly.
                                My Lordy Sire Tanksoldier how'd ya' do dat' thiNgy????

Must analyze... Computa'!!!!!!
                                Originally posted by mookster
                                Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                                Originally posted by CityCopDC
                                I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                                Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                                I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                                -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3079 users online. 184 members and 2895 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X