This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krell View Post
    Somebody put the mobile theme on for everybody and forgot to give us the option to turn it off.
    I like dis.

Originally posted by saone View Post
    I too am really not liking this. Mods, please advise as to how to go back to the old layout.
    I like dis.

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
    New format sucks. Too much trouble to go through every forum for new posts.
    I like dis.

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
    Since I don't pay a nickel to get to use this forum, I want to try to say this as diplomatically as I can....but I can't remember ever seeing anything so user-unfriendly in my life. Someone mentioned that it might be the mobile app that was accidentally turned on.....that would make perfect sense. If some programmer designed this on purpose for the bigger forum, however, I'd tell them it's time to find a new career field or maybe get a lobotomy. I pity people who have to use this interface on their mobile devices.
    I really like dis.

Plus I was looking for the LIKE button to like Slamdunc's and Chief's posts......
    This is what happens when you take away the Almighty like button.
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Comment

Perhaps, this was sabotage. Didn't you guys just kick someone out. Either way, O-Forums has been awesome. How would I tear myself away.. Actually work? Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Gradient Shift View Post
        I think the new theme which has been implemented is really, really bad. It provides less information to the user and requires the user to click more times to visit sections of the forum.

If this change stays as is I do not foresee myself continuing to use the website.
        Originally posted by Jacob2899 View Post
        I like dis.

I like dis.

I like dis.

I really like dis.

I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Since I don't pay a nickel to get to use this forum, I want to try to say this as diplomatically as I can....but I can't remember ever seeing anything so user-unfriendly in my life. Someone mentioned that it might be the mobile app that was accidentally turned on.....that would make perfect sense. If some programmer designed this on purpose for the bigger forum, however, I'd tell them it's time to find a new career field or maybe get a lobotomy. I pity people who have to use this interface on their mobile devices.
          You may not pay directly, but don't forget the fact that your page visits and possible ad clicks provide them with revenue. That is, if you do not use an ad-blocking plugin/extension.... Further, without the community it turns the forum into one of those other dead/inactive law enforcement forums/websites.

This is a good time for anyone looking at doing some website development to learn a lesson: do not push anything to your production website unless you have tested it on a test server. I have done amateur website management for the last decade, and while they did not get heavy traffic, I always tested to make sure my user base had almost full functionality and they would have a positive response to the changes before I pushed them live.

Either this was a really big mistake or someone made a really bad call.
          “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

I would rather try and communicate with other law enforcement officials via a toaster with an aluminum foil antennae than this borked format.

Comment

I'll add my "this is terrible." Somebody knows who broke it. Get them to fix it.
              Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
              Among Texas' finest
              Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
              Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
              Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

!!!!!Attention Officer.com Forum Users !!!!!- On July 8th we performed an upgrade to the forums. This upgrade will include over the next couple of days some more enhancements. We will continue to work and enhance the experience for you. Thank you for your patience while we make these upgrades to enhance performance and user experience. Officer.com Administration
                So, it would seem the new forum layout is a "feature" of the "upgrades to enhance performance and user experience."
                Last edited by Gradient Shift; 07-08-2014, 05:14 PM.
                “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

Simply. Terrible.
                  The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                  that we are all that stands between
                  the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                    Somebody please un-eff this pronto!
                    Damn that was funny. Where's the REALLY LIKE button when you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by photone View Post
                      Mobile theme for everyone...user unfriendly...drives everyone up the wall trying to figure out what to do with the thing....Ponders...OH Ma GOD...They've converted the whole freaking forum to some Windows 8 like envrocrap!!!!!!!!!!!
                      And you thought Walking Dead was fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob2899 View Post
                        I like dis.

I like dis.

I like dis.

I really like dis.

Where's the LIKE button????? Me thinks Jacob's gonna be a great cop one day.

Comment

This "upgrade" is extremely hard to navigate AND hard to find what you want to read
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Gradient Shift View Post
                            You may not pay directly, but don't forget the fact that your page visits and possible ad clicks provide them with revenue. That is, if you do not use an ad-blocking plugin/extension.... Further, without the community it turns the forum into one of those other dead/inactive law enforcement forums/websites.

This is a good time for anyone looking at doing some website development to learn a lesson: do not push anything to your production website unless you have tested it on a test server. I have done amateur website management for the last decade, and while they did not get heavy traffic, I always tested to make sure my user base had almost full functionality and they would have a positive response to the changes before I pushed them live.

Either this was a really big mistake or someone made a really bad call.
                            I like it when a cop thinks like a business person, i.e. costs and revenues. Touche'. We economists call that "opportunity costs" meaning the cost of failing to use the best option. I was just bowing to the fact I'm a guest here on a police site.

Also having done requirements analysis with systems integration companies, I agree with your technical assessment too.

All spot on points.

Comment

Blame vBulletin for constantly ramming bullchit upgrades on their licensees under the guise that it must be better since it's an upgrade. Bring back version 3.0....

Comment

My head hurts now.
                                It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5850 users online. 349 members and 5501 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X