Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules clarification.

Officerdotcom,

Forgive me if this has already been addressed; I did a search, but was not able to find an answer. That being said, I was going to shoot you an email, but I figured that there might possibly be some others now or in the future with a similar question.

I am not currently an Officer, but I have passed all the tests for my future department and am scheduled to attend an Academy shortly. There are a few of us scheduled for the upcoming class that are already here in the forums, exchanging rumors, gossip, and thoughts. My question is, when it comes to making suggestions for students not from or not familiar with the city, how might one go about making suggestions when it comes to, for example, good shoe stores, gyms, ranges, etc without violating the 'spamming' rule?

5. Advertising or "spamming" is strictly prohibited. This includes messages intended to boost traffic to another web site.

Might I be able to, instead of posting a link or writing the address, just tell them to google ABC shoestore or XYZ gym or does that rule apply mainly to businesses advertising their own products?

Again, my apologies for the potentialy dumb question and thanks for any advice.

Use private messages and copy all your buds.
    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

I don't see how you could be exchanging much in the forums since you only have 2 posts. Contribute a little to the forums and it will help eliminate any suspicion of spamming.

There is nothing wrong with sharing the best and cheap places to go. We have threads here all the time talking about favorite eats, brands, places. Just don't make a thread with a title of a business. Use common sense and discretion. If the mods don't like it... they will remove it and give you a warning. Maybe.

Good luck with your career.

Comment

Thanks much!

Comment

Hey wait a minute...... Not so fast on da' draw bar keep!!!

Go to my web thready thingy...it's.....http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...l/page41.....:)..

Great crap I say!!!...and when I say it's great, it's great....
          Originally posted by mookster
          Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
          Originally posted by CityCopDC
          I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
          Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
          I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
          -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

This is the "thunder dome" there are no rules, two men enter one man leave........
            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

Originally posted by mookster
              Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
              Originally posted by CityCopDC
              I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
              Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
              I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
              -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6612 users online. 356 members and 6256 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X