300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Student Section?

I am a CJ major with intentions on becoming a LEO after I graduate. It'd be cool to be able to converse with other college students, or anyone going for a major having to do with law enforcement for that matter. Classes, professors, and such...

Oh well..it's just a thought.
    We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

My thought would be that this is "officer.com" and not "college student.com." There may already be some type of forum out there, but I don't know.

Comment

I agree with my colleague. This is a site where posters, including college students can ask law enforcement related questions. Your idea, while it has considerable merit, doesn't belong on a Law Enforcement forum.

Comment

We have a college student area here on O.com

It is called ASK A COP

Seriously----------start a thread in the Off Duty forum area-----you will get participation.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I am a college student and this is "somewhat" related to college students but also officer.com in general.

Why not a thread in maybe Law Enforcement Job Center where people can post agencies that are hiring and are friendly towards those out of state.

Of course it can't be cluttered with people asking questions about the agencies, that would detract from the thread. But posts like "hey _____ agency is able to work with recruits from out of state," etc.

I only say this because I frequently see on the State sub-forums people asking about agencies that are out of state friendly. It wouldn't be necessarily a handout but simply a place to help in networking with fellow LE.

Just an idea though.

Comment

The best places to talk to other students about criminal justice topics are probably in your criminal justice classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Melson View Post
              I am a college student and this is "somewhat" related to college students but also officer.com in general.

Why not a thread in maybe Law Enforcement Job Center where people can post agencies that are hiring and are friendly towards those out of state.

Of course it can't be cluttered with people asking questions about the agencies, that would detract from the thread. But posts like "hey _____ agency is able to work with recruits from out of state," etc.

I only say this because I frequently see on the State sub-forums people asking about agencies that are out of state friendly. It wouldn't be necessarily a handout but simply a place to help in networking with fellow LE.

Just an idea though.
              Like the "Law Enforcement Job Center" section?

Comment

Originally posted by HoldFast View Post
                The best places to talk to other students about criminal justice topics are probably in your criminal justice classes.
                Next time you reply, read my post first. "It'd be cool to be able to converse with other college students, or anyone going for a major having to do with law enforcement for that matter."

But ANYWAYS, in my defense the goal really is to (like I said) converse with other people like me in different locations (which is the point of an Internet forum). There is an "Explorers" section, and I feel like that is almost the same thing...but not. None of them are officers either, and people like me that are actually paying a pretty good deal of money to be educated are more than likely to succeed in their goals of becoming an officer (or whatever they are pursuing in the CJ field) since you actually have to have SOMEWHAT of a brain to be in college.

Just a suggestion though...Thanks for all your replies!
                We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by wcudrummer View Post
                  Next time you reply, read my post first. "It'd be cool to be able to converse with other college students, or anyone going for a major having to do with law enforcement for that matter."

But ANYWAYS, in my defense the goal really is to (like I said) converse with other people like me in different locations (which is the point of an Internet forum). There is an "Explorers" section, and I feel like that is almost the same thing...but not. None of them are officers either, and people like me that are actually paying a pretty good deal of money to be educated are more than likely to succeed in their goals of becoming an officer (or whatever they are pursuing in the CJ field) since you actually have to have SOMEWHAT of a brain to be in college.

Whoa there Hot Rod. You don't get to dictate the manner in which any forum member replies to your post. We do that. You approached us with a suggestion, you received some feedback. No doubt some of it was not to your liking. Well, that's just tough In your post above, you come across as a typical, self entitled, rather arrogant, "it's all about me" college student. "SOMEWHAT of a brain to be in college"? Some of the more stupid people I know have bounced around college campuses. You're beginning to remind me of some of them.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                    Whoa there Hot Rod. You don't get to dictate the manner in which any forum member replies to your post. We do that. You approached us with a suggestion, you received some feedback. No doubt some of it was not to your liking. Well, that's just tough In your post above, you come across as a typical, self entitled, rather arrogant, "it's all about me" college student. "SOMEWHAT of a brain to be in college"? Some of the more stupid people I know have bounced around college campuses. You're beginning to remind me of some of them.
                    +1 exactly

I read your OP btw.
                    A BS in CJA may make you a little more competitive in the hiring process, but outside that its hardly worth the paper its printed on...and I have one. Good luck with your studies. Call us if you need us

Comment

Originally posted by wcudrummer View Post

You don't need a brain to be in college, look around you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4138 users online. 192 members and 3946 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X