300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding information to the postbit

Postbit: The name, avatar, location etc.

Would O.com be willing to take the time to edit the template to incorporate a title or text which states that the poster's profile indicates that they are either Sworn or Non-Sworn (or Civilian)?

I know this can be done by viewing the persons profile; displaying it in-line with the content however would make it much easier to differentiate.
    Last edited by SSD; 11-25-2011, 12:28 AM.
    sigpic
    Any and all statements made by this account represent my sole opinion and do not reflect an official opinion, belief, or policy of any department or agency to which I am employed by. Further, I am in no way authorized to speak on behalf of any department or agency.

Interesting thought. We have a few changes coming in the near future that I think will make many folks here happy. This is something we'll keep in mind.
    sigpic
    The Web's Source for Law Enforcement
    PM for Technical Support or visit our contact page.

Comment

Bump

Just thought I'd bring this old suggestion back to light, as I still see it a viable way to quickly determine one's LE status (plus it would only take a matter of minutes to implement with no major addons or code changes, just slight additions to the postbit template)
      sigpic
      Any and all statements made by this account represent my sole opinion and do not reflect an official opinion, belief, or policy of any department or agency to which I am employed by. Further, I am in no way authorized to speak on behalf of any department or agency.

Comment

Originally posted by SSD View Post
        Bump

Just thought I'd bring this old suggestion back to light, as I still see it a viable way to quickly determine one's LE status (plus it would only take a matter of minutes to implement with no major addons or code changes, just slight additions to the postbit template)
        +1 and what gives with seveal people (mostly new simi-trolls not having an "About Me" in their profile).
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
        (")_(")
        Copy and paste Bunny into your
        signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Originally posted by CACBAND View Post
          +1 and what gives with seveal people (mostly new simi-trolls not having an "About Me" in their profile).
          Re-read the answer from officerdotcom about the things in the update that we were going to be so happy about...........................................an d now remember what happened when they DID that update.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            Re-read the answer from officerdotcom about the things in the update that we were going to be so happy about...........................................an d now remember what happened when they DID that update.
            Yup...I do!

Comment

More than likely they'd just end up breaking the template if that did happen; and it would take months to fix.

Comment

Isn't this the ever present issue of the website not having the ability or desire to verify who is sworn?
                “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
                  Isn't this the ever present issue of the website not having the ability or desire to verify who is sworn?
                  Not at all, this would simply reflect what the forum user answered in the "are you a sworn officer" field on their profile, next to their post. it still wouldn't stop people from lying on that question, though.
                  sigpic

Comment

I giggle at you all from my moms basement as I eat cheetos and watch Xena VHS tapes...

You'll believe I'm a cop....

M-11
                    “All men dream...... But not equally..
                    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                      I giggle at you all from my moms basement as I eat cheetos and watch Xena VHS tapes...

You'll believe I'm a cop....

M-11
                      You already outed yourself, I saw the thread.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
                      (")_(")
                      Copy and paste Bunny into your
                      signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4678 users online. 315 members and 4363 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X